Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

New Here, New There, New Everywhere!

(3 Posts)
kolakube Sun 23-Jan-05 10:32:49

Hi Everyone,
i've just discovered this lovely site and can see it being my lifeline over the coming months. I'm expecting DD1 in March and am very excited. I have one slight hurdle to cross before she comes - Moving House. Life has turned out such that it looks like it's going to be a race between which comes first - new baby or new house. Any experience out there of this situation? Having baby where we are will be v difficult as the place is barely big enough for two of us! Four if you include the cats. Stop work next week and can't wait to watch rubbish daytime TV

galaxy Sun 23-Jan-05 10:36:24

Hi kolakube. Good luck with the house move and baby. No experience of having a baby around the same time as moving house. Did move house 4 days after getting back off honeymoon though.

RudyDudy Sun 23-Jan-05 10:41:03

Hi kolakube - you sound like us, doing everything at the same time! We ended up feeling in a similar race but actually managed to move 2 months before DS arrived. Fortunately we weren't moving very far (we walked to our new house!) and we got packers in which was a lifesaver. Also my angel DM unpacked us at this end. We also really needed the space and it was so nice to have that when DS arrived -fingers crossed for you that you move first. Just get / accept every offer of help you can and it will be fine. Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: