Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Will you be my mates?

(9 Posts)
vicdubya Wed 19-Jan-05 18:42:17

Hi

Last year I took voluntary redundancy while on mat leave & then when I went to my (ex) works Xmas do, I realised how much I missed the social side of thimgs and all my colleagues. I had worked in the same place for 10 yrs and the best thing about work was the social life...well you can still keep in touch with them I hear you say, but it's not really the same...

I do know a few Mums locally, am a member of NCT & stuff, but then disaster struck DH was also made redundant just before Xmas, so now we are going to have to move away, so Billy Not Very Many Mates becomes REALLY Billy No Mates. I was thinking I ought to have some mates who are not local to me now as we could be going anywhere.

Could you be nice to me pls I will try to reciprocate

Oh yes I have DS aged 10 months.

That't it!

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 19-Jan-05 18:44:04

Of course! Where do you live?

doggiewalker Wed 19-Jan-05 18:45:26

Hello Vicdubya - I'll chat to you no problem, whenever I'm on line. I can't do baby talk any more though - my ds's are 11 and 9 years respectively. Is it VicW? It took me ages to work out that thing with G.W.Bush! Where do you live, are you UK? I've also got to move house due to dh redundancy and am worried about not knowing anyone. Hope it all works out and will see you around MN. Love doggie.

Twiglett Wed 19-Jan-05 18:46:00

I shall be nice to you so long as you stop reminding of George (Dubya) Bush

welcome though

amynnixmum Wed 19-Jan-05 19:13:08

WElcome to mn Vic.
What area are you moving to?

jumpingbean Wed 19-Jan-05 20:33:19

Hi vic,I too became redundant from my job of six years last nov ,while on mat leave,and like yourself went on a previously booked xmas do.Everybody had a great time and promised to stay in touch...need I say more !!!Its now mid Jan and unless they are all busy in the gym trying to lose excess £s from chrimbo they've all gone to the pub and forgotten ME !!Life can be a real bth sometimes ,but as the song goes 'things can only get better'(showing my age there-who cares ).When do you move, and where to?Always around..JB

vicdubya Wed 19-Jan-05 21:36:21

Twiglett can you think of me as a car instead? I do have a Polo

At the moment I live in Norfolk which is where I was brunged up (sp?) and my family live but could be moving anywhere as DH still has yet to find a new job.

Yep officially we are unemployed...

Could be Essex, Bedfordshire, South Coast, Warwick...Blackpool???!!!

jumpingbean Wed 19-Jan-05 21:49:02

Seriously Blackpool? Had a few girly weekends there before DS2 came along.Seems a lifetime away now...

Allyco Wed 19-Jan-05 21:49:28

hi vic me in similar position although got new job am definitely new girl and got no family nearby and all mates in London. Me in Newcastle now.

will you be my mate too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: