Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hi everyone - introduction, newish

(7 Posts)
jordylass Tue 11-Jan-05 10:13:35

I've actually been a member of mumsnet for quite a long time, but not dropped in much until recently.
I live in the North East (clue's in the name). I'm 38 and currently not working, not sure if I'm unemployed or can't be arsed.
I was self employed until March 04 and I've just started a return to nurse practice course which may mean I can move to the states at some point in the future.
I have 5 children and a grandchild, (which is too much when you're 38).
I look forward to getting to know some virtual and maybe even RL friends on here.

Mothernature Tue 11-Jan-05 10:16:37

Hello jordylass, well you are busy arn't you, no wonder you've not been able to come on here for a while 5 children and a grandchild..good for you, hope your dream comes regarding the nursing in America, I a mum to 3 teenagers I am now '40' but feel 20, look more like 60..lol I work partime at an Estate Agents...but thats another story, welcome....

nailpolish Tue 11-Jan-05 10:28:10

welcome jordy! good luck with your course, im a nurse and there are loads of us here on mn, lots studying nursing too! you are amongst friends here, look forward to chatting to you x

jordylass Tue 11-Jan-05 10:48:15

Thanks, last night was the first night, and it was pretty cool to be back talking shop to similar minded people, which is a bit sad really....

nailpolish Tue 11-Jan-05 10:49:39

dont be daft! how is it sad?

jordylass Tue 11-Jan-05 12:30:53

It just took me back to my training days, sat in the refectory wondering how we were going to get enough words on the paper, or even stay awake in the afternoon.

nailpolish Tue 11-Jan-05 12:31:57

lol at 'stay awake' i was exactly the same. its a miracle i ever learned anything...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now