Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

NomDePlume / WSM

(12 Posts)
NomDePlume Tue 18-May-04 10:22:13

Hellooooo

I'm 22 years old, married to 35 year old DH for almost a year now. We have a DD currently 21 months old (2 in August), and 2 boys from DH's first marriage, who are 10 and almost 12, who live with us 60% of the time.

I'm a SAHM, but hope to return to work part time when we get nursery vouchers ! I also hope to begin a career in Nursing once we have completed our family ( at least one more child in the 'pipeline' ), which will mean going to Uni with four kids !!! YIKES !

I live in Worcester, have done for 3 years now, but I'm originally from Manchester. I spent 5 of my teenage years in a little market town in Mid Wales (Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!). A bit of a culture shock, I can tell you !

Well, that's me, I think.

Oh, and here is a link which will take you to some piccies of us password is trumpet . Click on view my gallery to see more photos.

mothernature Tue 18-May-04 10:25:56

Hello NomDePlume..she's lovely welcome to mumsnet where in Manchester are you from originally?

NomDePlume Tue 18-May-04 10:33:08

Thanks mothernature , I've been on MN for over a year now, fairly prolific poster ! Was known as WSM and wickedstepmother before adopting this new moniker

Was born in Droylsden (before it went pear-shaped!), and moved around M'cr to Gorton, Levenshulme (lovely, I know ). Then spent a few years living in Salford. Left to move to Wales and then returned when I was 16 to stand on my own 2 feet and moved to Atherton and later to Bolton. I am known for my 'itchy feet' !

mothernature Tue 18-May-04 10:37:07

Oooh I know Droylsden a little and Gorton, (had a boyfriend from there once..) not Levenshulme though...a few miles from where I am right now..you really do get around don't you? lol

NomDePlume Tue 18-May-04 10:42:17

Yep, the longest I have ever lived in one place is 6 years, from 0-6 in Droylsden. I moved around a lot from 6-11 because my parents split up and I was passed from family pillar to post. Moved to Wales at 11 because my Mum's company relocated, it was during the recession and jobs were like gold dust so we *had* to go! I have to admit that I HATED living in Wales and left at the first opportunity !

Where in M'cr are you, then MN ?

mothernature Tue 18-May-04 10:43:28

A little town called Mossley...near the Saddleworth Moors...

CookieMonster Tue 18-May-04 10:45:26

Hi NomDePlume ... whereabouts in mid Wales did you live? I was born in Llandrindod Wells and lived in Builth Wells until I was 2 and then we moved to Hereford. My parents still live there and I visit when I can - it's a lovely part of the world.

NomDePlume Tue 18-May-04 10:45:39

At our last move, I had relocated 16 times !!!

NomDePlume Tue 18-May-04 10:48:02

I know Mossley ! Nice.

Cookie - Lived In Newtown, but I owned a house in Llandod !!!! Ridgebourne Drive, the reasonably new development out towards Builth. I used to work at the GP surgery (Glandwr Parc) in Builth ! Then I met DH and sold my house . Small world....

marialuisa Tue 18-May-04 14:46:26

Wow, even smaller. I think Cookie monster may be my mn twin!

lived near builth, mother in hereford for years (but recently moved to ross!

CookieMonster Tue 18-May-04 14:48:24

marialuisa ... looks like you may be right!! Whereabouts did your mum live? My parents live on the Kings Acre Road (road to Brecon).

CookieMonster Tue 18-May-04 15:00:10

sorry NomDePlume - shouldn't hijack your profile thread ... have just seen marialuisa's own thread ..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: