Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Homemade baby fashion..6..

(7 Posts)
babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:45:31

inspired by 'trumpette' socks and the ladies on my antenatal thread..

they took me 6 hours or so, sweing by hand so not sure I can make them to sell..lol

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:46:59

aaw..tiny image ruins it again..it has 'shop' in tiny stitching, plus some little flowerrs, handbags etc embroidered on..
the lining is super soft jersey..for tiny toes..

collision Thu 01-Jun-06 13:49:24

Would you be interested in making me some linen waistcoats for my ds's for a wedding in September?

The ones I like are £22 and was wondering if they could be done cheaper?

Whaddya think or am I just a cheapskate!!

collision Thu 01-Jun-06 13:49:52

Beautiful clothes BTW

Mine are too big now as they are 4 and 18m.

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:52:41

collision..not sure about the cost of quality linen..the problem is big chain shops can source it at ridiculously small prices..but for me, just buying a couple of metres is quite expensive..

waistcoats are fairly simple to piece together and structure though..so let me get back to you!

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:52:42

collision..not sure about the cost of quality linen..the problem is big chain shops can source it at ridiculously small prices..but for me, just buying a couple of metres is quite expensive..

waistcoats are fairly simple to piece together and structure though..so let me get back to you!

FillyjonktheSnibbet Thu 01-Jun-06 14:21:53

but you know you can push the whole "handmade" crap.

IMO, and in my former life, when you are shopping for a new baby you are not looking for bargains, you are looking for something special and unique that won't go into the charity shop bag .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: