Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Homemade baby fashion..3

(14 Posts)
babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:12:12

Close up of another blanket I made... inspired by bubble wrap and my grans curtains ... lol
I think it's pretty nice..

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:13:25

the ribbon isn't part of it ..just how i wrapped it...

JackieNo Thu 01-Jun-06 13:13:49

Love the colours and textures, though it's a little difficult to tell from a close up what it really looks like. Is the white 'bubble wrap' side the reverse of the patterned one?

mousiemousie Thu 01-Jun-06 13:16:19

Lovely print - where did you find it?

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:16:56

yes the 'bubble wrap' is the reverse side...

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:17:18

i got it in brick lane..

JackieNo Thu 01-Jun-06 13:17:31

You need the 'How do you set up a website' thread

Kelly1978 Thu 01-Jun-06 13:18:06

very pretty.

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 13:48:19

thanks jackieno!

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Thu 01-Jun-06 13:57:41

Must say, I'm not sure craft fairs are the right theatre for this sort of stuff - you need tiny poncey independent baby boutiques in Hampstead and Kensington to take you up, or designer baby stuff websites like Lyla & Lou or Sparkability or Pacifier . (Sorry they're US - they're just the ones I've got bookmarked, but you get the gist)

I remember I saw my first pair of Daisy Roots in a posh gift shop in Oxford - you need to target people who are trying to buy an expensive baby gift, so selling in expensive baby gift shops means you have a captive audience!

babyonboard Thu 01-Jun-06 14:00:42

I know..theres a small boutique up the road from us that has such things as vests for £40..!?

The lady that owns it loves the things i've shown her..and if I undercut the other 'brands' prices slightly I may get a few sales..

i'm not very confident though..
I can just imagine blowing half our savings and being left crying in a pile of lovely, but unsaleable baby clothes..lol

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Thu 01-Jun-06 14:09:18

the boutique sounds ideal - could you do a small 'capsule' collection to start with and see how it sells?

you know - one vest in each size in each design, one changing bag/bottle sleeve/bib set in the retro doll fabric and one in a boyish fabric, couple of quilts, some booties... basically nothing that'd cost you too much time and money to get into stock.
If they sell well and/or people say 'oh, I love it but I need it in a newborn size / two matching ones / a boyish print / in pink', you've learnt something about the market already.

If they don't sell, there's always ebay (and MN...)

BagelBird Thu 01-Jun-06 14:48:46

I love your choice of fabric. It is spot on. So nice to see baby stuff that is not : sugar pink/blue or mega "trendy" - instead it is quite chic and interesting. Good Luck.
Def the sort of stuff I would buy family/good friends as pressies for new baby
Prices????

brendasmith5548 Sun 11-Jan-15 18:06:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now