Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

This has saved my sanity.....DD in her NEW Bumbo.................

(31 Posts)
SomethingAboutMary Tue 23-May-06 14:49:57

Well after coming on MN & asking what i could do about Dd & her complete frustration because all she wants to do is sit up & look around the world but she is only 4 months & can sit up but just can not hold herself there just yet (she falls to one side) intergalacticwalrus advised me to purchase a Bumbo........

So here is Dd sitting on her new Bumbo Proud & happy as ever

intergalacticwalrus - It's down to you, you have saved my sanity & also helped Dd enjoy herself more instead of being soooooooo frustrated, she loves her new seat, thank you

SomethingAboutMary Tue 23-May-06 14:52:44

Having probs with the pic but will have it on soon.

hana Tue 23-May-06 14:53:26

no picture...
we bought a bumbo for dd2 and she loved it - she wasn't able to sit up until about 9 months so it was great for meal times.

wilbur Tue 23-May-06 14:54:28

Ah yes, bumb o saved our sanity with dd and ds2 too - they can be shortlived, but they are brill. I have ours for sale, actually, if anyone is interested.

SomethingAboutMary Tue 23-May-06 15:06:38

Oh i can not make the pic smaller anyone want to do this for me if i email you the pic? please

supanovastargaza Wed 24-May-06 11:59:18

I'm new to MN and couldn't believe it when i saw the Bumbo thread... I was only just looking at the Bump to 3 catalogue. I was thinking of getting a Bumbo for my son.

Wilbur, how long did it last roughly? I'd hate to spend the £35 on one if it's really shortlived... Cheeky to ask but how much are you selling yours for and what colour is it?

Oh yeah and SomethingAboutMary... what a cutie!

itiswednesday Wed 24-May-06 12:00:51

She looks so sweet and happy

AllieBongo Wed 24-May-06 12:01:52

what a lovely picture. If your lo could preen, she would. Looks v pleased with herself!

oliveoil Wed 24-May-06 12:03:25

that is a lovely picture

x

Marina Wed 24-May-06 12:06:50

I just love the way their little chubby legs poke out through the seat What a cute picture

Jessajam Wed 24-May-06 12:09:27

Aw! She looks so happy about being upright! Beats having to prop with multiple cushions etc! Bless!

FioFio Wed 24-May-06 12:09:59

Message deleted

mumfor1standfinaltime Wed 24-May-06 12:11:04

Excellent picture, she looks so proud of herself!

Angeliz Wed 24-May-06 12:20:37

GORGEOUS picture.
She does indeed look proud.

BonyM Wed 24-May-06 12:21:36

Oh, she's gorgeous.

Agree that the useful life of Bumbos can be quite short though. We only had ours for a couple of months before dd2 learnt how to wriggle out of it!

They're great while they last though!

SoupDragon Wed 24-May-06 12:58:22

Spookily enough, I borrowed one for BabyDragon yesterday (3.5 months). She beamed when I put her in it.

supanovastargaza Wed 24-May-06 13:01:52

Whats BabyDragon?

supanovastargaza Wed 24-May-06 13:03:50

Oh yeah sorry i get it... , your littleone. I'm so eager to get one cheaper than £35

CaptainDippy Wed 24-May-06 13:51:55

Gosh - she looks just like my DD2 - What a cutie!!

robin3 Wed 24-May-06 14:09:27

Great pic. DS1 hated his Bumbo and sat in in twice for more than a minute...I was gutted because they're so practical.

SomethingAboutMary Wed 24-May-06 15:05:12

Thanks all i do adore her

Well she is getting used to it only problem is she likes to push herself backwards & i am abit worried she will fall out, i don't think she can yet though as her back is not long enough IYKWIM?

I tried the proping up with cusions but she was having none of it she wanted to be sitting completely straight with her back straight otherwise she would just cry.

I really did not care if it cost £60 i would have paid because it was becoming unbearable when she was awake because she HATES lieing down (when awake)

She loves her new seat I am also weaning her at the moment & am finding it much easier to have her sitting in the Bumbo

They dont cost £35.00 i think mine was £27.99 from mothercare.

You can get them in all colours but they only had blue in sotck & i really needed it so brought it, it will probably be short lived but i have kept the box & will be putting on ebay as soon as she has had enough

thanks again x

supanovastargaza Wed 24-May-06 15:21:33

In the Bump to 3 catalogue they're £34.95 though if Mothercare are selling them for £27.99 i'd rather get it from there ... MNers beware!

SomethingAboutMary Wed 24-May-06 15:26:58

Can not do the links but yes it is £27.99 in mothercare, also have you looked on ebay because there are loads on there.

FioFio Wed 24-May-06 15:29:06

Message deleted

PanicPants Wed 24-May-06 15:30:55

Lovely piccie. ds still uses his bumbo and he's 9months and can only just get his chubby legs in it.

It's great as a make shift highchair when we are at friends houses too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: