Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

I'm quite new to MN - anyone from Kent??

(28 Posts)
baggybear Mon 15-Aug-05 20:09:05

Hi all! I'v been on MN now for about 3 weeks and loving it. You have got me through so much already with your advice and kind words.

Was wondering if any of you are from Kent, east Kent in particular.

henshake Mon 15-Aug-05 20:12:29

Hi baggybear, I'm quite new to MN & think it's wonderful, quite addictive.

I'm no longer in Kent but lived there for a while when Dad in Marines in Deal. Lived in Deal & then Sandwich.

Happy MNetting.

Tessiebear Mon 15-Aug-05 20:14:06

Baggybear - i am in Sunny Deal!

charliecat Mon 15-Aug-05 20:14:55

Im in tunbidge wells

charliecat Mon 15-Aug-05 20:15:20

tunbridge wells..oops

baggybear Tue 16-Aug-05 09:50:47

Tessiebear - I'm a deal-ite too (I know who you are BTW HAHAHA (evil laugh!!!))

Tessiebear Tue 16-Aug-05 10:08:03

I know who you are too

baggybear Tue 16-Aug-05 10:29:12

Te-he-he, Tessie!!! How ar eyou doing? Hows DS3?

Tessiebear Tue 16-Aug-05 11:07:26

Doing really well - HV due to weigh him in 5 mins.
I beleive he shares the name of your DS3!!!

Tessiebear Tue 16-Aug-05 11:07:46

How are you doing btw??

Caligula Tue 16-Aug-05 11:27:05

I'm in Medway

baggybear Tue 16-Aug-05 16:18:25

Hi Caligula, fellow kentish person!! How are you?? Do you have little ones?

Tessiebear - I'm okay. Bearing up. Trying not to bottle things up but very hard when I think people expect me to get over it. I'll get there in the end, I'm sure. I need to be strong for my boys. And yes, our DS3's do share a name, although mine is just regged just as shortened version, not full name as your little one is (iyswim!!)

Tessiebear Tue 16-Aug-05 18:58:30

Yes i know what you mean Baggy - we thought we would mainly use the shortened version and have the long version on paper - but somehow the long version has stuck
A friend of mine went through what you are going through - people tended to think that because she had children already that it should somehow be easier to get over. And as it happened early etc etc but at the end of the day It was still a little life

baggybear Tue 16-Aug-05 20:02:24

Having a really hard time of it tonight. Saw doctor today and found out EPU have messed up with regards to anti-D (i'm Rh-neg). Should have had it within 72 hours of M/C and they didn't tell me I needed it. So that makes any future pregnancies high risk - so will never be able to give birth at our lovely local family birthing unit

Thinking of complaining as the whole experience of EPU was far from great. Treated me very badly and gave me no information or help.

Tessiebear Wed 17-Aug-05 09:07:58

That is awful Baggy
I know how i felt when i was getting towards being induced and thought i couldnt go to the birthing unit!!!
I managed to go into labour at 13 days overdue in the end!
For what its worth - the staff at the birthing centre no longer bring you cups of tea to your room - you have to go and make them yourself!!! which i found quite dissapointing
Have you had all your births there so far???

Tessiebear Wed 17-Aug-05 09:09:19

btw - definately complain - otherwise they will go on giving shoddy service

cadbury Wed 17-Aug-05 09:19:41

Hello, I'm in Medway.

Sorry you are going through such an awful time

baggybear Wed 17-Aug-05 09:38:10

Hi Cadbury! I'm sure things will start looking up soon. NIce to know there are some mums out there that are from sunny Kent. It makes cyberspace seem so much smaller and more welcoming!!!!

baggybear Wed 17-Aug-05 09:40:27

Will complain Tessie. They can't keep treating women like this. I had DS1 & 2 at birthing centre, and DS3 at grotty hosp in question (was induced). I had terrible time then too. HAve asked GP to mention on my notes that I never want to be referred to that hosp for anything ever again. The treatment is apalling and the hosp itself is swimming in filth. UURRGGHHH, makes me cringe to thinkof what I saw last week

Tessiebear Wed 17-Aug-05 14:57:11

Are we talking QEQM?? Or William H???

baggybear Wed 17-Aug-05 17:19:20

QEQM !!!!!!! Dirty, 'orrible place!!!!

Going to phone them tomorrow to start the complaint ball rolling. Been thinking long and hard about it. I need to do something so they don't do this to someone else.

Tessiebear Thu 18-Aug-05 10:23:05

When i thought i was going to be induced i rang them up to try and talk through my "revised" labour options and they were soooo unhelpful - i came off the phone in tears!
Good luck with your phone call.
How do you feel today??

furrpurr Thu 18-Aug-05 22:54:08

Anyone in Bexley/Dartford/Bexleyheath/anywhere within spitting distance?

chocolatefudge Fri 19-Aug-05 13:33:23

Hi all i'm from Erith/Bexleyheath borders.
Where are you furrpurr? how old are your children?

DaisyB Sat 20-Aug-05 09:37:51

Hi Furrpurr and Choc Fudge. I'm in Gravesend with my 1 year old son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now