Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

fun in crouch end

(9 Posts)
motherjoekatie Fri 15-Jul-05 12:58:21

Loads of mums in the crouch end area but i don't know enough of them- anyone fancy meeting up and enjoying the sunshine ?

Lonelymum Fri 15-Jul-05 13:00:31

I lived in Crouch End before it ever became trendy - in Ferme Park Road. How is the old place?

NotQuiteCockney Fri 15-Jul-05 13:01:35

Do people really pronounce it French style? Croush Aahnd? Or was that just someone being silly?

(Sorry, I'm not even sure where Crouch End is, I just collect interesting place pronounciations. Like St. Reatham.)

Lonelymum Fri 15-Jul-05 13:05:04

Not when I lived there NQC. Because it sounds vaguely rude, friends of mine would pronounce it the French way to make it sound posh, but only as a joke.

As for where it is, it is in North London near to Hornsey (you also won't know where that is), Wood Green, Muswell Hill and not too far from Finsbury Park if any of those mean anything to you.

crazy Fri 15-Jul-05 13:09:58

HI i live in crouch end(well Hornsey rise!) How old are you children? i have a 19 month old daughter

NotQuiteCockney Fri 15-Jul-05 13:13:47

Oh, I know it's not the "real" pronounciation ... nor is St. Reatham (Streatham), Sluff (Slough), High Wycombee. But I'm glad to hear it's not just one person who says that ...

Lonelymum Fri 15-Jul-05 13:16:50

No, no. I lived there from 1988 to 1991 and I had several friedns and colleagues who use to use the French pronunciation (as a joke). Thanks for explaining St Reatham! I didn't get it! Thought it was some place in East Anglia!

Sorry, I'll let the current Crouch Enders get on with planning their meet up now.

honeypot01 Fri 15-Jul-05 13:21:08

Hi im in Enfield Town and have a 3yr old little boy and would love to meet up. Don't mind travelling, its not that far.

motherjoekatie Fri 15-Jul-05 15:35:05

for those who live there and those who are simply curious- how about a lunchtime meeting on thursday 28th July ? my children are nearly 3 and 15 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now