Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

bakewell anyone???

(10 Posts)
mytwopenceworth Tue 05-Jul-05 19:14:07

just wondered if anyone lives in or near bakewell? im a couple of miles out of bakewell (on the Buxton side). more sheep and cattle than people around here, so chances are remote, i know! but it would be nice - i throw great parties and i dont stress if the kids spill juice on the carpet.................

Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 08:56:01

?

Tommy Fri 08-Jul-05 09:45:07

don't live in Bakewell but, weirdly, I've just this minute received an invitation for a wedding there in September!

Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 18:28:05

hope you have a good time, dont know how far away you are usually, but take the opportunity to do some sightseeing, this is a beautiful part of the country.

and yes, i have permanent kettle on if you happen to pass thru!

Frizbe Fri 08-Jul-05 18:30:35

I live in Ripley, Derbyshire if that's any help! about 20 miles or so away! often to be found out your way certain Sundays and the odd week day! in fact Cauldwells Mills does a very nice cake and coffee if you know it?

Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 18:35:22

do you mean the flour mill in rowsley? heard of it, but dont know it well. never adverse to coffee and cake, however!!!!!

MrsDoolittle Fri 08-Jul-05 18:36:38

I thought this thread was about bakewell cakes. Now I'm disappointed - I love bakewell cakes!!

Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 18:37:56

bakewll tarts or the proper (green!!) bakewell pudding?

MrsDoolittle Fri 08-Jul-05 18:39:07

Those with almond in!

Frizbe Fri 08-Jul-05 22:33:03

Yes I'm on about the flour mill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now