Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Can anyone tell me about playgroups in Islington (N1)?

(5 Posts)
franch Sun 26-Jun-05 11:53:26

I already take DD (17m) to Tune Time on Thursdays and am going to try Tick Tock tomorrow, but am interested in the various playgroups that are run in church halls and community centres round here. Got the list from the Children's Info Service but there are so many! Can anyone tell me anything about any of them? I hear a lot of them are very overcrowded? Please let me know if you've found a nice one.

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 20:43:13

bump

Posey Sun 26-Jun-05 20:53:30

Do you want just drop in type things?
Depending a little on what you and dd like, may I recommend:
St. Andrews Church, Thornhill Square, every Friday morning 10-12. Its very informal, not too busy and I help run it (although it really runs itself, I just get toys out and make cups of tea!). Nothing exciting happens but a lot of people really like it as its not very boisterous and is kind of like getting together in a friend's "large" living room. Lots of toys and a cuppa and a chat. And its free. It was my life saver when dd was tiny, I knew no-one, it was dead friendly and no one cared if dd screamed. And someone made me a coffee. And I didn't have to tidy up. Thats why I've been going there for 8 years and am taking over running it come September.

For something a bit more dynamic, noisier, with more activities, Rainbows in All Saints church on the corner of the Cally and Carnegie Street is great. I think they charge a minimal entry fee. Wednesdays and Fridays 10-12.
Or Stay and Play at St. John's on Duncan Terrace, Tuesday and Thurday 9.30-11.30. Costs £2.50 which includes drink and biscuits and fruit.

HTH

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 21:01:30

Thank you so much Posey. Yes, just looking for informal drop-ins really - the St Andrews one sounds ideal as I think I'd get a bit freaked out by anything too overcrowded and boisterous (maybe because I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and so not overly energetic ) Friday's a good day, too. I'll try and get there this week - will I see you?

Posey Sun 26-Jun-05 21:04:56

Oh almost certainly! Not a lot keeps us away.
If you do come and trying to work out which of the 2 people "in charge" I am, I'm the one with a curly haired boy. The other one has a girl and very long dark hair.
Make yourself known, but don't blow my cover

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now