Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Veggie's Den haag or bust meet up (or goodbye and thanks for all the fish)

(16 Posts)
Veggiemummy Mon 26-Oct-09 16:57:56

Sorry Bizarre title but have been thinking of that hitchhikers guide line ever since someone said there was a 6th book in the 'trilogy' the other day.

right meet up, london. I'm thinking maybe around 11am on thursday as ive gotta sort out my niece and probably drop her at Tower of London and i'm hoping to dump poor DS2 on some friends who live at St Katherine Docks. so it can be a late morning coffee and light lunch maybe. Is this good for others? Not sure what locations suit but i seem to remember that RFH cafe place looked quite spacious in the photos when some of you lovely ladies met up there once before. Could be good for letting inquisitive bubs wander.

so any takers and do we need to book there or can we just turn up. If anyone has any better ideas please suggest at you leisure. ve not lived in London for nearly 2 years so you lovely Londoners might have better suggestions. I can go anywhere and would like to see as many of you as possible.

right see you soon.

KiwiPanda Mon 26-Oct-09 18:11:18

Sounds great to me (think it was me who mentioned the Hitchhikers book btw, just finished it - good, but not as good as Douglas Adams..)

I couldn't stay long at the RFH last time but definitely a good venue as far as I recall

MomOrMum Mon 26-Oct-09 18:49:12

Sounds great! Do you want me to scope somewhere nearer to Tower/St Katherines or are you okay to get over to RFH? There are lots of baby friendly options around there - e.g. Giraffe, etc. so we can decamp if RFH doesn't work once we arrive.

Assuming it is the Riverside Terrace Cafe in the foyer of RFH?

Veggiemummy Mon 26-Oct-09 19:47:29

There are a couple of options near St katherines dock but not great room wise if the weather isn't great except maybe dickens inn. I'm fine with getting to RFH and the giraffe back up option sounds good. I might even grab a cab I will miss the black cabs when we leave.

PinguRocks Mon 26-Oct-09 20:11:51

I am rubbish at posting but would like to come too.

Rubena Mon 26-Oct-09 20:59:42

Hello!
Would love to say hi before you go Veggie! RFH and alternagte back up Giraffe (love that place) sound good. Kiwi I can finally reunite dd with her Whozit

Veggiemummy Mon 26-Oct-09 22:40:56

I knew I'd flush you out Pingu was it the dodgy status on FB. I've had a few hits from that. Well I think RFH it is then.

urbanewarrior Tue 27-Oct-09 06:10:26

Ace - really looking forward to it and RFH easy for me

LadyThompson Tue 27-Oct-09 12:42:07

11 on Thurs? I will be there. I do have another appointment at 3 though so will have to leave in good time for that. Super, see you then.

jumpjockey Tue 27-Oct-09 19:27:11

Will do my best to get us there Managed to discover a fairly handy bus that goes from KX to Waterloo bridge - though it's amazing to think they reckon on half an hour to travel about 1.5 miles shock it would actually be faster to walk...

Kimberly1979 Tue 27-Oct-09 21:18:34

Hi All! Haven't posted in ages but I'd love to come assuming I haven't forgotten something I'm supposed to be doing. blush How do I get to RHF?? What's the closest tube station?

LadyThompson Wed 28-Oct-09 10:27:17

Hey Kim! Was wondering where you were. I think the closest station is Waterloo? If you google Royal Festival Hall it will say, it's on the South Bank.

KiwiPanda Wed 28-Oct-09 18:36:15

JJ 59 goes from KX to Waterloo, but I walk it fairly often and it does only take about 40 mins..

Veggiemummy Wed 28-Oct-09 22:48:20

Hellooooo will see you all there, very excited. DH will prob join us around 1pm but can't stay much longer after that unfortunately. But anyway will be great to see you all. Im not quite sure where the cafe bit is at Royal Festival Hall i assume it will be obvious. i've got Lady's mobile so if i'm lost i'll give you a call Lady.

poisondwarf Thu 29-Oct-09 07:36:57

Morning!

Have been veh poor on the posting front but am planning to come along today.

Kim Embankment tube is also nearby if that's better for you. Just come out of the station, cross the bridge and it's there on your left (or follow signs if you're not sure).

For those of you who haven't met up there before we usually go to the big area at the back, which is on the ground floor but down a few steps - if you go in from the river bank through the cafe bit, just head towards the back of the building and you'll see it.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

sybilfaulty Thu 29-Oct-09 07:44:20

Girls! I am sorry that (yet again) I can't make a meet up but I have all 3 today and we have fairmly for lunch, as they say in 'Enders.

My lovely Veggie friend, I think I might have more luck getting to Den Haag that getting to C London as I'd need to book tickets and be organised etc but I hope you have a wonderful send off and look forward to hearing from you once you are safely installed. God bless I Phones eh? Have a lovely lunch and bon continuation, as the Dutch don't say.

Love to all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now