Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Farmer Palmer's meetup to welcome Fizzcat to Dorset

(34 Posts)
Kittypickle Thu 09-Jun-05 13:44:19

Now that Fizzcat has finally moved to Dorset, I think we should sort out a meetup in Farmer Palmer's to welcome her (or anywhere else that people think of for that matter)

Merlin Thu 09-Jun-05 14:09:50

great idea KP - any possible dates?

bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:40:58

weekend please????

bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:41:42

not an entire weekend! I mean a meetup on the weekend rather than in the week would be good

Kittypickle Fri 10-Jun-05 11:40:20

A weekend is fine for me apart from DD has drama 10 - 11 on Saturday and a sodding petunia competition this Saturday, oh the responsiblity of caring for a petunia !) . What about everyone else ?

FIZZCAT Fri 10-Jun-05 21:00:26

A Wee Hello from Fizzcat.

I dont have a Scottish Accent, more welsh really, especially after several glasses of red.

A weekend would be fab for me, esepcially as I am a crap driver, having passed my test North of Inverness, I am only used to driving on roads with highland cattle and sheep. So I would get the hubby to drop me off while I get used to driving in Dorset, sad or what

Seriously, I pased my test never having seen a roundabout!!!!! Needless to say my husband is keen to get me life insurance now I am here

So I am up for any weeked so long as I know in advance to stop me from booking any house viewings.

WHY WASNT I WARNED HOW GOOD CLOTTED CREAM ICE CREAM IS, I will never loose my thunder thighs now!!!!!!

Bye from thigh busting Fizzcat

Surfermum Sun 12-Jun-05 20:35:51

Farmer Palmers sounds great. We could have a mumsnet race on the pedal carts!

Kittypickle Tue 14-Jun-05 12:49:31

Anyone going to suggest a date then ?!

starry Thu 16-Jun-05 13:17:02

Helloooooooo everyone and welcome to Dorset Fizzcat!

Depending on the date wind conditions I may be able to come along with ds's

flamesparrow Thu 16-Jun-05 13:20:01

Ooh - sounds good. I wanna meet people

Surfermum Sat 18-Jun-05 18:28:40

I'd be free the next 3 weekends. Anyone else?

FIZZCAT Sun 19-Jun-05 08:46:21

hello, we are free on the 3rd, 9th and the 16th of July if thats any good. Is it an idea to go before term breaks up, maybe less hectic.

PS This sun is great !!!!!!

Fizzcat

flamesparrow Sun 19-Jun-05 09:18:49

I'm babysitting woman on 3rd

Oooh, although - bigger car now, I might fit em all in!

amynnixmum Tue 21-Jun-05 11:08:55

I can't make the 3rd either and like KP my dd has a class on sat morning but don't mind coming after that.

Surfermum Tue 21-Jun-05 11:35:31

What about the 9th then?

Kittypickle Tue 21-Jun-05 11:56:41

I'm not sure about the 9th, we probably have people down, but I might bring a couple of the children. Don't factor me in and go ahead . I'm currently in quarentine anyway as DS looks to have measles.

flamesparrow Tue 21-Jun-05 18:54:58

I can do 9th I tyhink

burstingbug Tue 21-Jun-05 18:58:50

Oooooh, I wanna come too. (If I'm allowed)
Will have to see though as neither me or DH can drive

jodee Tue 21-Jun-05 20:49:06

Just flying in to say a big hello and welcome to Fizzcat! Ds and I would love to go to Farmer Palmer's if nothing else pre-planned, but 9th out for us as I;ll be at a wedding.

Sorry to hear about ds, KP, hope he's on the mend soon.

<flying off again>

flamesparrow Wed 22-Jun-05 04:03:32

Burstingbug... I just invited myself along

Kittypickle Wed 22-Jun-05 09:43:01

Burstingbug, everyone is very welcome And I can say that there are no axe-murders in case you are worried, but can't completely vouch for total sanity of everyone here

FIZZCAT Wed 22-Jun-05 18:13:31

hI there

How about the 16th July, as quite a few of us cant do the 9th it may make sense to pull it over to the next weekend.

Kittypickle how is DS, has he got the dreaded measles?

My DS has his MMR on the 30th and I am dreading it, really dreading it. I know its for the best but you cant help wondering if you will be the one who gets the side effects.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing if Farmer Palmer is really as good looking as the rumours say!!!!

Wareham and Dorset is fab by the way, you were all quite right!!

speak soon

Fizzcat

Kittypickle Wed 22-Jun-05 18:20:44

I can do the 16th. They can't confirm measles without a bloodtest, but the doctor thinks it's either measles which is mild as he has some immunity from his injection, or possibly Roseola. His spots only lasted 2 days and the wellest looking child with measles I have ever seen. I can't take him out till next week though in case it is, so it's a long long week. Good luck with the MMR Fizzcat, I know it's worrying - we have gone for singles, not completely convinced that was a good plan atm ! Glad you are enjoying Dorset

Surfermum Thu 23-Jun-05 23:01:18

Sorry, I can't do the 16th! Go ahead without me though and I'll CAT you Fizzcat as you've been here far too long without us meeting! Glad you like it down here.

FIZZCAT Fri 08-Jul-05 14:04:40

Hello

Just a quick one, are we doing the 16th at Falmer Palmers, or shall we set another date.

What does everyone think

Love

Fizzcat

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: