Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyother mums in Cyprus!

(16 Posts)
luckylady Wed 08-Jun-05 19:00:06

Hiya. I know that there are two of us on Island -Cooperoo and myself, another is coming for an extended holiday laura032004.

Anyother mums out here fancy meeting up in the summer.

I live just outside of a village called Vrysoulles (in Ayios Nikolias not on any maps!), about 20 mins from Ayia Napa and Protaras.
I will have been married 2 years (in Aug) and have 2 children DD 8 years (9 in October) and DS 1 this month. and we have a dog called Storm she is 8 months old and is an American Akita.

Luckylady.
x

Laura032004 Wed 08-Jun-05 20:27:50

Hia luckylady - looking forward to our sunny meet-up!

To introduce myself, I will be visiting my parents, who live (as of this evening!) in Ayios Nikolias. I've been married 4 years in September. I've got 1 DS - 14 months. We've got a dog named Spirit - a greyhound. I'm 26 in July. DH is in the Navy, DF is in the RAF. DH and I met at school in Epi.

Laura x

luckylady Wed 08-Jun-05 20:33:19

laura
I am 29, DH is in the Army. do you know where your parents house is.
I hope your parents are liking it here. If you want they can ask you questions about things here and you can ask me and I can tell you or find out for you.

luckylady Wed 08-Jun-05 20:35:22

My god there is another MN member here Malibustacey -she will kill me for forgetting her she is my best mate out here [oops] she hasn't posted in a while though. She may well want to meet up to

Laura032004 Wed 08-Jun-05 20:44:33

No, I don't know where their house is, but hopefully I soon will!

There is one question we will have - do you know anywhere out there that sells gluten free flour? You can get it from the Med Centre, but ds won't be eligible for it as he's not a dependent of my dad (not what my dad would say though!!). Otherwise I'll be squeezing some flour into my miniscule luggage allowance (can you imagine the faces of the Customs officers if the bag of white powder bursts...... )

luckylady Thu 09-Jun-05 09:49:40

laura- No I don't but i can ask around for you. I am flying back to the UK in the mornig for the weekend so will ask on Tuesday.

Laura032004 Fri 10-Jun-05 21:45:41

Luckylady - they've moved into one of the bungalows, near the Families Office IYKWIM.

Mum has found rice milk and chick pea ?!? flour in the supermarket, so hopefully we'll be OK with that. Thanks for offering to find out though. If you hear of anybody that has children with dairy/gluten allergies, I'd be grateful if you could ask them if they've found any good health food shops, as it's always nice to find things to vary his diet a bit!

DM told me how she was sitting out on the verandah in 20 degrees heat at 10pm! Really looking forward to my holidays now!!!

Evesmama Fri 10-Jun-05 22:13:38

hotmummy is in cyprus but if over here for weekend, so she may not be on....bump for her after weekend

Laura032004 Mon 13-Jun-05 13:35:08

Bump for luckylady and any other Cyprus mums!

luckylady Mon 13-Jun-05 19:57:12

Evesmama -thank you. I was hotmummy.
Hi Laura -will ask about the whole wheat thing tommorrow.

luckylady Mon 27-Jun-05 20:41:31

bump

TicTac Wed 29-Jun-05 20:58:41

Hi ladies,
Sorry to gatecrash your party here. I am in the Due feb 06 thread. We have bought a house in Peyia, Paphos which is due to be ready in Sept 06. I just got a little excited when I saw a thread on here for Cyprus ladies and wanted to say hi!

mummynomates Wed 27-Jul-05 07:21:55

HiTictac ( i was am also luckylady)
I should still be here in sept 2006, as we are due to go in Dec2006 but could be earlier...

Will this be your first baby.

TicTac Fri 12-Aug-05 11:09:53

Hi mummynomates...

Sorry I have only just replied...Yes, this is my first baby!

Cooperoo Fri 12-Aug-05 12:03:01

Hello ladies
I am back in Cyprus now after our four weeks in the UK. We only have six months left on the island now. Blimey it is hot isn't it? dd2 is 7 weeks old now and suffering from heat rash It is hard to keep her cool at the moment and she is needing lots of bf's as she is so thirsty. Trying to potty train dd1 at the mo too so not much fun in our house at the mo .
Hope you are all well and enjoying yourselves.
Tictac - We stayed in a villa near Peyia in our first Oct on island (near St George). It is a lovely part of the island.

TicTac Fri 12-Aug-05 13:09:21

Hi Cooperoo...must be really hot over there and an impossible task to keep cool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now