Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Toddler Groups in and around Islington

(6 Posts)
Booklover Mon 06-Jun-05 10:48:46

I have got ds who is 14 months and have been to various baby groups incl, baby massage, baby swimming etc. Just wondered if there are any toddler groups (especially with music) in the area that take place in the afternoon, as he sleeps for about 2 hours in the morning. Would also love to meet more mums in the area!

gossifer Mon 06-Jun-05 10:52:52

have you tried rucksack music? they have a website, also the britannia leisure centre does swimming lessons (shoreditch, but v.near islington & has a carpark), hope this helps a bit, xx

gossifer Mon 06-Jun-05 10:53:58

sorry, just reread, ignore the swimming bit, rucksack music is v.good, xx

frogs Mon 06-Jun-05 11:11:21

Hi booklover,

My dd2 is nearly 18 months, but I don't really do baby groups, as I've got two older ones. Are you in a Sure Start area? I get the newsletter from the Mildmay and Canonbury East Sure Start thing, and there seems to be a very wide range of activities going on. Try St Paul's Steiner centre (the big churchy building at the crossroads of Essex Road and St Paul's road. There's also Ticktock in several locations, but possibly more in the morning. Highbury Fields 2 o'clock club is good as well.

hth

PRESH Mon 06-Jun-05 12:56:03

Hi Frogs, just wanted to ask what the Highbury 2 o'clock club was like? Many people have mentioned this and i'm looking to go on a friday (work Mn - Thurs)can you just turn up? Sorry, never been to any clubs before!

frogs Mon 06-Jun-05 17:52:46

Yeah, I've never been a big babygroup person, and since dd2 is my third, frankly, if she wants to watch bigger kids squabbling, she can do that in the comfort of our own home.

But I went a few times with the other two, and it's one of the better ones. Yes, you just turn up, can't remember if you have to pay or not, but it won't be a large amount. They have a great outdoor space as well. You can rent it for kids parties at the w/e -- we've had a couple of great birthday parties there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now