Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone in the Hammersmith and Fulham area? or anywhere near there.

(6 Posts)
bini Thu 02-Jun-05 15:52:09

Moved to Fulham a year ago, have met a few people but none with kids. starting to feel pretty isolated as husband works a lot or sleeps alot. Just had my second baby and could really do with meeting some other people with kids. ds1 is 3 and ds2 is nearly 8 weeks.

quokka Thu 02-Jun-05 16:18:31

I'm in West London (Gunnersbury) have DS 13months and 10 weeks pregnant. I moved here from Australia and found it quite hard to meet people myself so know how you feel. Also have husband who works and sleeps alot but I think thats pretty common!

bini Thu 02-Jun-05 21:23:32

Hi quokka. how are you? if you fancy meeting for a coffee or something could you CAT me and we can arrange it.

yingers74 Thu 02-Jun-05 21:45:37

hello both of u, there are a bunch of us in ealing which is not far from fulham and very close to gunnersbury. so if u fancy joining us, check out the ealing thread! Bini - also check out the local council lists for playgroups, it takes a while to get to know people but it happens eventually, good luck.

Quokka - have u heard of ealing135? It is a group for mums in the ealing area and it organises playgroups and open houses and is a good way to meet local mums. If you want to join, CAT me and I will give you more info.

I know how you both feel when I gave up work to be a full-time mum, it was very isolating and took me about 4 months to find my feet in terms of knowing other mums, my confidence took a real knocking. I am 18 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old.

Sponge Mon 06-Jun-05 10:02:36

Hi Bini, we're in Fulham. Have a 5 year old dd and 10 month old ds. I work but ds is at home with my nanny and she's proving pretty good at finding playgroups and so on and I think she's getting together with another Hammersmith/Barons Court nanny soon. Let me know if you'd like to get together.

bini Mon 06-Jun-05 13:32:00

Hi sponge. Yes I would like to get together. I will CAT you now, I hope that's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now