Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

anyone in Dorset - Dorchester, Weymouth?

(8 Posts)
kerry16 Mon 30-May-05 14:00:19

Hi, my name is Kerry, I live in a little village just outside Dorchester, called Martinstown. I am about 10 minutes away from the gorgeous beach of Weymouth.
I am married to Stephen, and we have a 9month old - Will, and I am 8 months pregnant with our second, a girl, due on July 13th.
I know that I have a very short age gap, but it was certainly a lovely surprise for us to find out we were expecting again, considering we were told we'd never be able to conceive back in 2002, after a very serious Ectopic Pregnancy.
I am a bubbly 28 year old, with a wicked sense of humour, who would love to hear from any mums who are local to me.

Tommy Mon 30-May-05 14:52:29

Hi Kerry - I was in Weymouth yesterday if that's any help My parents in law live there.
I think there are quite a few Mumsnetters down your way but things are a bit quiet on here this afternoon

kerry16 Mon 30-May-05 16:26:28

Hi tommy,
it was packed yesterday in Weymouth, it is glorious today down here - wall to wall sunshine and really warm. We are making the most of the sunshine in our garden, I expect most people are preferring to enjoy the sun than talk to mumsnet!
let me know if your ever this way again, and maybe we could meet up.

Tommy Mon 30-May-05 17:23:56

I have a friend who lives in Frampton who has a 20 month old. I know she goes to lots of toddler groups and stuff - I could find out where she goes and let you know?

BellaLasagne Mon 30-May-05 17:26:42

Oooh, I'm soo jealous! We used to live on Buxton Road (on the way to Portland) and absolutely loved Dorset. We're not there now as we can't afford the sort of house we want!

Hope you meet someone soon...I'm sure you will.

Have some chips from the Waterfront for me!!

BL

lucy5 Mon 30-May-05 17:35:31

No go to the Malboro it was lovely. I lived in Weymouth until I was 18 and have very fond memories of the place. I do go back occasionally but I have no connections there anymore. I still havent found icecream to beat Rossis!

kerry16 Tue 31-May-05 07:39:49

Thanks Tommy that would be great, frampton is literally five minutes car journey away from me, because we regularly go to the Saxon Arms pub for a very nice meal!!

I have to agree with you about the Marlboro for the best fish and chips, I have had plenty during this pregnancy, and as for the Rossi's ice cream - that is just heaven!!!

As for house prices, it is a nightmare down here.
We had our house on the market for over year, because we needed more space and wanted to move into Weymouth - we sold twice but each time we fell through right at the last minute, which was horrendous. We have now decided to stay where we are for now, and hubby is just completing a loft conversion. Hopefully we'll go back on the market in a year or so, because i desperately want to get back to Weymouth, by the beach!!!

kerry16 Tue 31-May-05 07:40:54

Tommy,
Sorry i forgot to give you my email address to give to your friend, I'd forget my head at the moment!

kerry58d@yahoo.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now