Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

cheam park, surrey

(30 Posts)
stitch Fri 27-May-05 14:48:54

hi all,
how about a meetup in cheam park next week. either tuesday or wednesday? bring a picnic lunch, and all the kids.
as this is easily accessible by bus and train, and has easy parking, (and is free!) i thought twould be a good place.
anyone up for it?

tarantula Fri 27-May-05 15:07:25

Id love to come but would need a really good exccuse to give to the boss. Can you think of any of hand? Cheam Park is great

stitch Sat 28-May-05 00:49:28

lol tarantula. you coould always go withthe chicke pox and my childcare has fallen through bit!

dancer77 Sat 28-May-05 17:40:39

I'd be up for that. Can't do Tuesday but if it's wednesday I'll be there.

stitch Sat 28-May-05 23:15:08

wenesday it is then!

tiddlypom Sat 28-May-05 23:19:18

What is there in Cheam Park in terms of stuff to play on? On Wed I'll have two 11-year-old boys (ds + friend) and hard-to-please 7-year-old dd - but maybe you could tempt me...

stitch Sat 28-May-05 23:37:20

its got a lot of playground equipment. sand pit swings etc. my ds1 aged 8 tends to spend most of his time on the big tyre thing, that slides down and back again. dont know what it is called.
maybe the 11 yr olds could bring their bikes? or play with their gameboys in the sun?

tiddlypom Sun 29-May-05 09:30:37

The tyre thing sounds great - maybe it's a flying fox - they love them!

I won't bring bikes, but probably a football. The boys are easy to please, anyway; dd would claim to be bored in Paradise!

What time are we meeting?

stitch Sun 29-May-05 10:37:11

well, its half term, so i guess after breakfast? tenish? i would prefer to be there in the morning rather than the afternoon, as if it is very hot, then it better not to be in the boiling sun.

dancer77 Sun 29-May-05 13:33:17

10 sounds good to me. This is going to sound really silly as I do actually live in Cheam, but where is cheam park!!!

stitch Sun 29-May-05 16:41:01

lol dancer!
but actually there is no reason you should know until your baby is old enough to actually enjoy a park. and now is the time!
okie, the A24. do you know where cheam library is? just up from the village? keep going and there is tesco express. next to which is lumley road on the right. well the next road on the left is tudor drive. at the endo of it is cheam park carpark, and then the park.
or you can walk through nonsuch to get to it.

stitch Sun 29-May-05 16:43:05

cheam park

dancer77 Sun 29-May-05 20:07:35

Thanks Stitch, I know where it is now!

Kelly1978 Mon 30-May-05 12:51:36

Hi Stitch, we'll be there as long as the weather is ok. It's actually forcast for rain on wednesday.

stitch Mon 30-May-05 15:34:43

oh no. that means we need a backup plan....
any ideas?

tiddlypom Mon 30-May-05 16:33:07

Is there a cafe there? If so, could we meet there, and dress the kids in waterproofs and wellies if necessary? If the weather's like today, the rain will be intermittent...

stitch Mon 30-May-05 18:01:22

there is at the mansion house in nonsuch park. and i think there is a place youcan get coffee/ icecream. dont know if its a cafe as such.

tiddlypom Tue 31-May-05 17:56:32

Shall we agree to meet at 10am in Cheam Park (by the sandpit?) if it's fine, but at the Mansion House in Nonsuch Park if it's raining, then?

stitch Tue 31-May-05 18:05:58

yes. sounds good. except that they are miles apart! will be fine for those of us driving, but i think kelly will be coming by train.

tiddlypom Tue 31-May-05 18:29:52

ARe they? Sorry, I looked on the A-Z and thought they were next to each other!

In that case, should we meet at the sandpit in Cheam Park whatever the weather, and be ready to adjourn to Nonsuch Park if it's really wet? So we could stay - or someone could stay - at Cheam Park till say 10.20am, then move on to Nonsuch Park if necessary.

tiddlypom Tue 31-May-05 20:41:26

ARe we all still up for it then? 10am tomorrow by the sandpit in Cheam Park, to adjourn to a cafe in Nonsuch Park if it pours with rain?

stitch Tue 31-May-05 20:45:23

excellent.
see you there tiddlypom.
bring a picnic lunch!

tiddlypom Tue 31-May-05 20:46:33

Hooray - looking forward to it! have packed a football, another ball play thing, and a frisbee

Kelly1978 Tue 31-May-05 21:01:44

Hello,
I'm going to have to see what the weather is like in the morning then decide if I can make it or not. Hope the rain holds off!
May bring a friend too if that's ok? She doesn't have a PC, so doesn't use mumsnet, but she has two boys and would love to come.

dancer77 Tue 31-May-05 21:16:45

I'll be there see you at 10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now