Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Wimbledon time again

(17 Posts)
fisil Fri 27-May-05 11:30:26

Let's have a coffee. Debenhams again?

What days are good for people?

Pamina3 Fri 27-May-05 12:05:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bouj Fri 27-May-05 12:06:51

ah, am so jealous! fisil with your new bub, and pamina with your soon to be bub. Shame we didn't get to do more than the one meet up! have fun. xoxo

Cristina7 Fri 27-May-05 21:59:32

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the moment are good for me. I'm doing some exercises at Canons on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Ely has a nice Cafe Nero now. First floor (not restaurant on the third floor), on the side of the Broadway. It was empty on the couple of occasions I went there.

GeorgieM Tue 31-May-05 18:57:00

Hi there. Mon, Wed and Fri best days for me as well.

Fisil, can't wait to see new babes.

LouiseH Sun 05-Jun-05 19:24:36

Hi all - the Wimbledon & Wandsworth branch of the NCT is holding a Teddy Bear's picnic at Cannizaro Park on Fri 8th July at 2pm. The picnic is open to all pre-school age children (4s and under) but they must be accompanied by a teddy!

For £3 a teddy, payable on entry, an action packed programme of entertainment will be provided throughout the afternoon; a chance to win a prize for the ‘Best Dressed Teddy’ as well as a raffle with fantastic prizes on offer.

Please do bring a picnic, as only light refreshments will be available. Advance booking is not required.

cottonball Tue 07-Jun-05 13:25:08

So when is this coffee going to take place? i tried joining you in the past, but have never been able to turn up for one reason or another. Maybe i'll be able to make this one, if it's not on a Wed. Look forward to it.

fisil Tue 07-Jun-05 13:41:13

ah yes, I'd forgotten I'd started this - too busy cuddling whingey babies!

What about this Monday coming, 10:30 in Debenhams? Who's up for it?

GeorgieM Tue 07-Jun-05 17:59:59

Hi there. Do you mean 13th? Count me in. Will be there with DD.

Fisil - can't wait to see DS2.

And looking forward to seeing grown-ups as well!

JoolsToo Tue 07-Jun-05 18:01:36

gawd - thought you were talking tennis!

GeorgieM Tue 07-Jun-05 18:04:45

Oh hell, when does it start again? Is it going to be chaos?

First year living in Wim village so not sure what to expect.

fisil Wed 08-Jun-05 09:25:40

lol JT - hadn't even thought that other people might associate a different meaning to Wimbledon. Ds1 got really upset when Blue Cow went to Wimbledon (i.e. Tennis) on Story Makers the other day - he kept saying "that's not Wimbledon. Where's Starbucks?" Georgie - the village shop owners always complain that the tennis people never make it that far so you should be OK - just avoid Church Road/Southfields.

Yes, Monday 13th June. So it's me and GeorgieM. Anyone else? Pamina? Lockets? Bex? Cristina? Cottonball? Cas73? Who've I forgotten?

Pamina3 Wed 08-Jun-05 09:33:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GeorgieM Wed 08-Jun-05 10:02:43

Hey, maybe I can rent out part of my drive!!!!

Looking forward to Monday. And looking forward to meeting you too Pamina3.

I'll text Christina to let her know.

Isn't it wonderful to have some sunshine? Am off to pump up DD paddling pool and bouncy turtle thingy!

Cristina7 Thu 09-Jun-05 09:45:23

I don't think I'll be able to make it as I have a driving lesson till 11 a.m. then some NCT post-natal ladies coming over at 1 pm. If I get really well organised, though, I might manage half an hour. I'll text or phone Georgie after I finish my driving lesson to see if you're still there.

A few years back Federer rented a flat in a house near us. We left home during a Radio 4 interview with him and then saw the radio & TV crews outside his house and the interview was still on. It was a very strange experience. (He'd just won the championship.) The flat upstairs from us was rented to an English female tennis player a few years back (I forgot her name). Ours would never qualify, far too messy and too many children's toys & things, although I suppose with the fee you'd get a very good spring cleaning done!

cas73 Fri 10-Jun-05 13:56:17

Count me in! We just came back and can't wait to see you guys again!!

Cristina7 Mon 20-Jun-05 19:56:36

Did you meet up? How was it? I had a long driving lesson so couldn't make it in the end. I made the lesson even longer by making a last-minute mistake, so had to go back and re-do that bit of the route and change those d**n gears sooner. When's the next meet-up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: