Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

North London - Tufnell Park

(7 Posts)
Ponkey Mon 27-Jul-09 14:03:53

Hello,

I'm 33 year old, living in Tufnell Park - North London, 25 weeks pregnant and due on 5th November and have no friends pregnant or with babies in London. Quite scared to be 'alone' after the birth
Is anyone around in a similar situation and would like to meet up some time?

lucymum2four Tue 28-Jul-09 10:24:04

Hi,
I used to live in tuffnell park,do you know Burghley road?

mcmuffintop Sat 01-Aug-09 07:28:43

hi ponkey i'm in north london too and over a couple of months i met a number of mums to be's when pregnant through the NCT due date yahoo group for hackney & islington, I didn't do their antenatel classes but they arranged online yahoo message groups and we all chatted and met up a few times before we had our babies and then again after (in smaller groups now) as the group covered the entire islington & hackney area, which i believe includes tufnell park.

To join a yahoo group and meet parents whose babies are due in the same month as yours e-mail duedate_hinct@yahoo.co.uk

hope that helps trust me once you have your baby you will be anything but alone having a baby is a very social affair! grin

all the best

becksydee Sun 11-Oct-09 19:41:37

hi ponkey

i'm in tufnell park, have got a 5 week old DS & don't have any friends with babies either! would love to meet up for a cuppa some time if you fancy it

i second mcmuffintop's suggestion to join the hackney & islington NCT due date group - mine organises several events a month - haven't managed to get to any yet but nice to know stuff is happening! there's also a really friendly mum & baby group at the children's centre opposite the odeon cinema on a thursday morning that i've just started going to.

hope your pregnancy is going well

Austinsmama Thu 22-Oct-09 15:16:13

hi ponkey and becksydee

i'm in north london too (edmonton) and have a 5 week old DS, but no mates with babies. i'm also 33! if you're meeting up let me know and i'll try to get there too!

becksydee Fri 15-Jan-10 17:06:56

hi austinsmama, sorry i missed your reply to this until now! there are a few of us on the islington/angel mums thread who are trying to plan a meet up, my email address is on there if you want to drop me a line

bienvibel Thu 06-Oct-11 12:54:21

There is a brilliant Parent's Group in Tufnell Park, they meet every tuesday and friday for coffee mornings, they also organise summer and xmas parties, and have a fortnightly email with information on babysitters, items sales, etc...
here is the website

www.tppsg.org/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now