Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Dec 08 London meet-up August

(25 Posts)
poisondwarf Thu 23-Jul-09 17:38:17

Right, time to get organised.

I can do daytimes pretty much any day up to Friday 15th. Shall I start the bidding randomly at Wed 12th August?

Venue - I'm coming from Essex so somewhere fairly easy to get to from Liverpool Street/ Stratford is good for me. Maybe a good idea to think of somewhere outdoors with somewhere indoors close by in case of inclement weather (or should that be the other way around? it is August after all). I'd be happy with Royal Festival Hall again - we could decamp to Victoria Gardens if the weather's nice. Hyde Park also doable. Or we can try somewhere different - suggestions welcome.

Kayzr Thu 23-Jul-09 17:41:03

I'm going to have a look at trains and see what I can do. No promises though.

sybilfaulty Thu 23-Jul-09 19:07:00

Wed 12th August works for me. Happy to do anywhere in C London. Shall we do a park if fine so that those bringing older children have somewhere to take them?

It's in the diary. Many thanks PD for organising.

LadyThompson Thu 23-Jul-09 19:42:25

Barring something weird and unforseen, this date looks ok for me. I didn't go to RFH last time, that's probably suitable for most and if the gardens are near, so much the better. Happy with Hyde Pk but conscious of the fact that it's walkable for me but not so for others!

pmk1 Thu 23-Jul-09 20:14:29

Can do 12th as far as I can see at this stage. Why doesn't everyone put what train they'd be on or method / transport route and then we can decide on somewhere? RFH very easy for me, but I know a lot of times people travel further. I can do District line or overground to Waterloo easy smile

notjustanumber Thu 23-Jul-09 21:44:23

HI,

I might be able to come, I would like to. I'll see what date you come up with

tillyfernackerpants Fri 24-Jul-09 07:35:48

12 August is good with me. Can catch BR to Waterloo so RFH fine, also Piccadilly to Hyde Park (as long as we're on that side of Hyde Park!), Central & District line!

Kayzr Fri 24-Jul-09 08:05:47

I don't think I will be coming. Trains are stupidly expensive.sad

lal07 Fri 24-Jul-09 08:20:49

Thanks PD. 12th sounds like a plan. RFH again would work for me too - but equally happy to do a park. Waterloo or Charing Cross easiest for me but happy to do anywhere central.

sybilfaulty Fri 24-Jul-09 18:54:38

So sorry you can't make it Kayz. Hope it will be possible another time

looks like Waterloo way would work for most people - it's good for me. There is a park with swings etc on the S bank for anyone who has bigger ones with them and needs to take them for a walk.

Verso Sat 25-Jul-09 18:29:09

Can I come?! I'll be free that day

jumpjockey Wed 29-Jul-09 15:57:18

Hello! Have stuck it on the calendar so will do our darndest to get there

LadyThompson Tue 04-Aug-09 17:50:29

Are we settled on RFH then? I am presuming around lunch time?

SummerLightning Tue 04-Aug-09 19:17:48

Hello!
I think I will come too...jj do you want to travel together?

SummerLightning Tue 04-Aug-09 19:19:27

Oh and time...for me (and jj I presume) we will want to get a train back before the last expensive one (4:30ish) so earlyish lunchtime is good for me so that I'm not rushing to get it.

sybilfaulty Tue 04-Aug-09 20:00:59

Shall we meet at 12 then? Would the foyer be a good place or shall we actually meet by the sofas?

LadyThompson Tue 04-Aug-09 20:36:13

I haven't been so someone else better say where the best spot is. 12 fine for me. Yay!

waitinggirl Tue 04-Aug-09 20:42:31

yay - just got here. so, am i right in saying - Wed Aug 12th, RFH, 12pm in the back of the foyer (where we met last time) - enter from the riverside, go past the cafe, past the bookshops, and towards the back cafe - there is a ramp for those with buggies, and multiple chairs/tables.

i am SOOOOO excited! i'll bring the labels (again)

if i've got any of that wrong - please correct me!

SummerLightning Tue 04-Aug-09 20:46:01

lol, wg with her labels! Huzzah!

SummerLightning Wed 05-Aug-09 09:24:24

wg I hope you didn't think I was taking the piss! grin. Your post was just so infectiously excited it got me excited too. And remembering the labels amused me!

KiwiPanda Wed 05-Aug-09 10:57:23

Hello there! New to the thread but would love to come - I'm pretty sure I can make it (have a vague feeling I planned something for weds but I'm sure it's nothing I can't rearrange)

LadyThompson Wed 05-Aug-09 23:43:50

See you there, KP smile

PinguRocks Sat 08-Aug-09 15:26:25

I'm intending to come. See you all then....

jumpjockey Mon 10-Aug-09 14:39:16

Huzzah! Looking forwards so much to seeing everyone

I wonder how much space we'll take up this time - babies roaming far and wide, tons more crap important equipment to carry about for the nippers...

LadyThompson Tue 11-Aug-09 09:08:23

Poison Dwarf is coming as well, she has just got a gammy old PC. See you all tomorrow! I may be a bit late but will try not to be...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now