Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Poole and Bournemouth Meet Up - Anyone fancy it?

(26 Posts)
Sparkler Sat 11-Jul-09 00:40:55

Hi guys. Just wondered if anyone fancied getting together during the school hols, with or without children I don't mind. Just be good to see you all again.
Let me know and we can get the ball rolling.
Hope you are all ok.
xxx

Snorris Tue 14-Jul-09 14:34:23

Me, me, me!!! (I have got other friends, honest! grin). I do enjoy the child-free nights out wink but happy to go with the flow .

SuperBunny Tue 14-Jul-09 23:48:44

Yes! I just moved here and don't know a soul. Would love to meet up!

TeaSleepFood Wed 15-Jul-09 18:43:50

Is this where I say:
mother of twins WLTM other mums with GSH for G&T and fun? grin

SuperBunny Wed 15-Jul-09 21:00:21

Where abouts are you all? I propose Southbourne Beach or Littledown but only because they are not far from me.

TeaSleepFood Thu 16-Jul-09 10:25:18

Always up for a beach trip!

I don't work on wednesdays and thursdays if that's any good?

SuperBunny Thu 16-Jul-09 22:54:56

Wednesday morning or Thursday late afternoon would work for us. DS is desperate to go to the beach and to have some new friends!

Surfermum Fri 17-Jul-09 11:00:45

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night!

Wednesdays are good for us and the beach would be fab.

TeaSleepFood Mon 20-Jul-09 08:36:49

OK weds mornings sound favourite. Now when ladies? And which beach?

SuperBunny Tue 21-Jul-09 19:35:19

Next Wednesday? Southbourne beach (I am carless and can walk there, just about...)

TeaSleepFood Wed 22-Jul-09 09:53:35

Next Weds sounds fine. I'll be the one with the blue double buggy.

Snorris? Are you there? Will you come to play?

SuperBunny Wed 22-Jul-09 22:57:21

I will be the one burying a 3 yr old in a hole (at his request).

Or, if we've had a difficult morning, I will be the frazzled looking one doing eyerolling and sighing as DS lies on the ground and kicks and screams at the injustice of being taken to play on the beach/ not being allowed icecream/ wanting the yellow spade not the orange one...

So that's me & tea. Who else? Where did Sparkler go?

SuperBunny Wed 22-Jul-09 23:08:48

When I said Southbourne Beach, I meant the beach at Southbourne. Google seems to think that part of the beach at Bournemouth is called Southbourne beach and I am confused.

I was thinking about the one on overcliff drive, near the sand park and Cafe Riva.

Boscombe Overcliff Drive
Southbourne
Bournemouth Dorset BH5 2EJ

Could also do a Play Place/ Wacky Warehouse thing if it is raining? I'm up for anything.

Sparkler Fri 24-Jul-09 12:17:10

Ooooh the thread moved. I'd given up and thought nobody was around - lol. smile
I'm still here - just going back to the beginning and catch up on the arrangements....

Sparkler Fri 24-Jul-09 12:19:32

I can't do next Wednesday - DH is off work for the week and we are hoping to escape somewhere for a few nights.
If anyone fancies a night out - I'll be there!!! Another night at your local would be good Surfermum! smile Not just 'cos I like the pub and the company but the entertainment at the kebab shop is what I want to go out for!! grin grin grin

Sparkler Fri 24-Jul-09 12:20:04

.....and have fun at the beach - hope you get good weather!! smile

Sparkler Fri 24-Jul-09 12:20:28

.....and have fun at the beach - hope you get good weather!! smile

Surfermum Fri 24-Jul-09 13:58:14

<<Snort>> I'd happily have another meet up at my local too [selfish emoticon]! My memory of the events in the kebab shop are hazy though grin. I just remember getting up off the sofas in the pub and thinking "shit, I've drunk too much" grin grin.

Sparkler Fri 24-Jul-09 14:13:36

And you smashed your wine glass - you alkie!! Hahaha!

TeaSleepFood Sat 25-Jul-09 08:40:05

<<looks into the distance, remembering nights out>>

<<sigh>>

So toddlers on the beach it is.

Sparkler Sat 25-Jul-09 10:07:48

TeaSleepFood - you'd be welcome to join us.

SuperBunny Mon 27-Jul-09 20:53:02

Ooo, I want a night out!

flatcapandpearls Mon 27-Jul-09 20:55:21

I would have loved to be we have someone staying next week.

Sparkler Sun 02-Aug-09 22:34:12

I know Surfermum is away for a couple of weeks now so hopefully when she comes back we can sort a night out. I don't know what happened to Poole/Bournemouth meet ups. When I first came on here we used to have some great nights out - it's a job to get everyone together now. Shame!

Nicnocknoo Mon 03-Aug-09 12:53:44

Hi guys
Sorry to gatecrash your thread (I live just north of Bristol) but ... was wondering if any of you local lasses could help me ...

We visited Farmer Palmers about five years ago and bought my ds1 a T shirt (as we have the same surname). We returned this year with ds2 wearing the T shirt. Ds1 then announces he wants one the same - however, the design as changed slightly. It now has a cow's backside on the back and ds1 is worried his friends will laugh at that!

So, I was wondering if anyone has a Farmer Palmers T shirt they'd like to sell me ... it needs to be white ideally and with no cow on the back (ie plain). Age 5-6 years. Can anyone help me please?

Sorry again for gatecrashing!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now