Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Have you made a very good friend in RL out of MN

(86 Posts)
pupuce Mon 16-May-05 19:15:50

Was reading another thread and it made me wonder if any of you had made a (or many) friend(s) on MN - so you had never met them before - and went on to become real life friends above and beyond MN. (presumably started by contacting the on CAT of MN).
Do you think you'll stay friends even when one of you "leaves" MN?

lou33 Mon 16-May-05 19:16:51

yes i have and yes i do

lockets Mon 16-May-05 19:23:58

Message withdrawn

alicatsg Mon 16-May-05 19:26:49

no - but I'm useless in real life, completely shy and reserved unless in a work situation. Pathetic really.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 16-May-05 19:30:05

Have started to get in contact with another Mnetter, won't mention her name though and might be meeting up regularly with Alibo who I found out recently lives around the corner from me.

pupuce Mon 16-May-05 21:49:53

no one else?

Hulababy Mon 16-May-05 21:52:19

I have met a few friends through MN. Meet up through MN meets, but also through phone and/or e-mail messages too now.

Blu Mon 16-May-05 21:54:47

Yes!

trace2 Mon 16-May-05 21:57:17

no but would like to.

hoxtonchick Mon 16-May-05 21:58:01

yes, definitely.

GeorginaA Mon 16-May-05 21:58:03

Yes

NomDePlume is an ace lady in real life and I very much hope we would stay friends even if one of us left MN...

swiperfox Mon 16-May-05 22:01:45

I'm exactly the same as alicatsg!! Would love to though.

Lollyloo Mon 16-May-05 22:02:40

No, it would be nice to, if I could get my self confidence back and not be so shy.....

QueenEagle Mon 16-May-05 22:04:49

Have spoken to loads of people on msn and am friendly with them all, but not friends iyswim. Would love to be proper friends though and am sure some of the people I chat with would be well nice in RL, just a bit shy about taking the next step from there though. Does that sound really?

jessicasmummy Mon 16-May-05 22:05:39

i wish i had - could do with a few REAL LIFE friends!

bossykate Mon 16-May-05 22:09:53

yes! absolutely, have made some wonderful friends and also some "penpals" that i correspond with off board. mn has been a very life enhancing thing in my life because of this, and many other reasons.

pupuce Mon 16-May-05 22:21:48

For those who haven't but wish they would.... I cna share how I did it.... there was this mumsnetter I kept finding on the same threads (so similar interests) and then we had a few other similarities and then we contacted each other (I think i e-mailed her first), we found out we had (amazingly the same first name!)... we continued to meet on e-mail and then we met face to face - we live very far from each other but she came near me and we met up.... we don't meet often... I hope to see her again in October, in the meantime it's all e-mail.

CountessDracula Mon 16-May-05 22:24:47

Yes!

SPARKLER1 Mon 16-May-05 22:25:49

I have met a few MN's in RL. I have been on a couple of meet ups with them and they are all lovely. Gonna see them again at Delgirl's house this week along with the new baby girl. Awww!! Surfermum and dd are coming over for a cuppa tomorrow so, yes I think I have made some good friends.

peckarollover Mon 16-May-05 22:26:19

Yes!

SPARKLER1 Mon 16-May-05 22:26:29

I have met a few MN's in RL. I have been on a couple of meet ups with them and they are all lovely. Gonna see them again at Delgirl's house this week along with the new baby girl. Awww!! Surfermum and dd are coming over for a cuppa tomorrow so, yes I think I have made some good friends.

SPARKLER1 Mon 16-May-05 22:26:48

Whoops sorry - PC went a bit mad for a bit!

Bonkerz Mon 16-May-05 22:50:54

ive made two great friemds in RL thanks to MN and both have helped me through some tough times over the past few months. Just simple gestures to show they care mean the world. Thanks again Wigwambam and Wobblyknicks for your support.

MistressMary Mon 16-May-05 22:53:36

JM , you left the area.

fastasleep Tue 17-May-05 09:33:51

I met mummytosteven in RL and we're friends she's great! Just wish there were more of you guys near here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now