Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Croydon IKEA Breakfast Meet-up.............

(80 Posts)
serenity Mon 09-May-05 18:13:43

OK then, IKEA do a rather nice cooked breakfast for £1 - scrambled egg, hash browns, sausage, bacon, tomato and beans, tea or coffee. Very popular with the local mums, OAPs and B&Q Managers who have breakfast meetings in there!

Anyone fancy breakfast??

I am planning to go on Friday 27 May anyway, so I'll throw it in as a possible workable date. I won't be able to do it for at least 6 weeks after that (minorish op, can't drive afterwards)

There is a big bank holiday sale that weekend, so it's a good chance to check the bargains out, without braving the weekend crowds

I do get there ridiculously early as I go straight from dropping DSs at school, the restaurant opens at 9.30am, half an hour before the store. I'm usually there about 9.15......hope someone fancies joining me!

funnytype Mon 09-May-05 19:29:38

Hi Serenity,

How are you?

Cant make that meet up but hope you have a lot more people there than last time we met up!

Stephanie
xxx

serenity Mon 09-May-05 19:33:19

funnytype, I'll save you a sausage

I am the threadkiller of threadkillers, even when I start them lol

tiddlypom Mon 09-May-05 22:46:05

Oooh, I could do that day, Serenity - be nice to see you again! I won't have any kids with me, they'll be at school So I can shop in peace.

serenity Tue 10-May-05 17:01:43

Breakfast for two and a half atm.

emmatmg Tue 10-May-05 17:07:32

What a fab idea serenity ( I nearly typed lydia then!!)

Again, will depend on Dh's shifts but I'll be up for it.

Don't forget the kiddies brekkie is only 50p aswell.

serenity Tue 10-May-05 17:20:48

hello emmatmg (must go and do a search to find out what the tmg is........)

Incidently no one has to be there at 9.15, it's just that my DSs school is quite close so it only takes me 10/15 minutes to get there. Me and DD can play in the playground for a bit.

emmatmg Tue 10-May-05 17:22:23

don't bother searching S, It's just my initials.

Very very VERY boring!

essbee Tue 10-May-05 17:40:33

Message withdrawn

cas73 Tue 10-May-05 19:21:35

What a great idea serenity!!! It would be great to see you again, but unfortunately I cant do the next 4-6 weeks. Maybe we could arrange it again after that? and when you can drive again?

serenity Thu 12-May-05 09:54:02

cas and essbee - maybe we can arrange another one in July?

stitch Thu 12-May-05 09:57:45

ooh, hi all
ive never met you, but can i come? love ikea too. and tea coffee is free till ten am

sandyballs Thu 12-May-05 10:01:32

Can I come please? Would love to meet some MNs.
Will be on my own though - DDs at nursery. What bliss - breakfast and shopping with no-one wanting to sit on me

Kelly1978 Thu 12-May-05 10:05:26

I'm up for it, and I think a few others were interested too. I can do most days, that Fri is def ok. I'll have my 3 ds with me.

serenity Thu 12-May-05 10:09:58

Yay, more people! Will I be the only one with Dkids? Must drum into DD <<you must not chuck breakfast on the floor and make me look harrassed!>>

serenity Thu 12-May-05 10:11:08

Sorry, xposted with kelly.

<<I will not get broody over DTs>> x100

stitch Thu 12-May-05 10:12:01

ill have ds2 and dd with me.
yeah, i get to go to a meetup!

serenity Thu 12-May-05 10:13:09

meet-up with food and shopping

Kelly1978 Thu 12-May-05 10:18:37

serenity - bet u will!! Every1 gets broody over dts

Kelly1978 Thu 12-May-05 10:19:54

Oh, and I am def goin be the most harrassed one there!

sassy Thu 12-May-05 10:31:15

Scuse me hijacking - Kelly, did you get my cheque?

Kelly1978 Thu 12-May-05 12:28:32

sassy - not yet, but haven't checked post today. Will email u as soon as it arrives.

Firewalker Thu 12-May-05 19:42:57

Hi ya

I'm new to the site and haven't been to Ikea since before DD (now 13 months) was born. It's OK I can see your shocked faces from here!!

I don't work on Fridays and would love to come along if you don't mind have an intruder there. Let me know as I'll understand if you just want to get everyone you know together and have a girly chat.

I have been trying to persuade various friends to have breakfast at IKEA one Friday morning, but we always seem to end up meeting in Central Croydon instead.

bambi06 Thu 12-May-05 20:22:45

is it half term that week? or following but that could be good..is it with kids or without as my dd does ahve playgroup but she may prefer to have brekkie with me?

serenity Fri 13-May-05 08:36:52

Half term is the week after, well it is for us anyway

Me, stitch, kelly and firewalker will all have kids, so your DD is welcome if she wants to come.

Firewalker - you won't be an intruder, personally I've only met one of the MNers coming so far, once! I don't know if any of the others have met before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now