Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

New mums working in the City

(8 Posts)
Janie7 Fri 06-May-05 18:18:57

Hi,

Are there any new mums, working in the City, who would be interested in meeting for coffee or lunch? I am returning to work on Monday and would love to chat to other new mums who are returning, or have returned to work.

CountessDracula Fri 06-May-05 18:32:16

hmmm not new, dd is 2.5 and I went back to work when she was 8 monthsish

There is a city meetup on the go here

beachyhead Mon 09-May-05 18:30:44

Yes, come on Thursday - we are all very friendly - it is near Liverpool Street in a pizza place.

Sponge Tue 10-May-05 10:12:37

If you can't make Thursday (understand it might be a bit soon if you've only just gone back) then there is a meet-up every month so you're bound to be able to make one.

HandbagAddiction Tue 10-May-05 10:35:19

Janie7 - do join us if you can. We really are a friendly bunch....honest!!

KBear Tue 10-May-05 11:07:01

Hi Janie7,
I work in the City. Haven't been to a meet-up - am ridiculously nervous about it! My children are 6 and 3 so been back a while now! How's your first week back going?

Marina Tue 10-May-05 11:22:03

You're both welcome...don't be shy Kbear.
How's it going Janie7?

Janie7 Tue 17-May-05 09:10:29

Many thanks CountessDracula, beachyhead, Sponge, HandbagAddiction and Marina for inviting me to your meet-up; your invitation was really appreciated.

Sorry I could not make it, but last week, being my first week back at work, was not a great one! Perhaps I could come along for drinks next time?

KBear, many thanks for your response; I totally understand your nervousness about attending a meet-up. I am also a wee bit apprehensive but am hoping to have the courage to go out and meet other mums as I so want to be able to talk to people who understand how hard it is to be a working mum! If you like to chat by email for a while and then maybe consider a meet-up, that would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now