Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Due in June northern mini-meet

(44 Posts)
tribpot Wed 04-May-05 16:23:16

Just to summarise where we are so far with this.

I'm in Leeds theoretically all of next week and first half of the week afterwards, but this is all rather subject to change at the moment.

MrsW - needs to be after next Wednesday. Will have ds with her if Wed-Fri.

Katz - can't do Tuesday but needs to check if dh will let her come at all in case she goes into labour DD-less on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Lua - okay any day next week?

KVG - can't do anything til week commencing 16th May.

At the moment it sounds like lunch next Thursday is the best option, with the caveat that I may have been sent home by then!

Followed by coffee the following week, say Monday?

Howzat for starters?

KVG Wed 04-May-05 16:32:47

Message withdrawn

tribpot Wed 04-May-05 16:35:58

Now this coffee, is it okay if it's at lunchtime? If I am still in Leeds on Monday 16th, I will have to look vaguely keen and not vanish mid-morning for a nice coffee break. Early lunch should be possible!

I'll be working by the station .. so that end of town is handy for me, not sure where H&M is?

MrsWednesday Wed 04-May-05 16:39:39

Can definitely do coffee (or a lunch?!) on Monday 16th. Will have a think about venues near the train station to keep things simple for everyone.

Lunch on the Thursday (12th) - forgot to say that I'm on a spa day with my friend that day so won't be able to do it then (being very naughty and leaving DS in nursery for an extra day!). Sorry to be such a pain.

tribpot Wed 04-May-05 16:45:15

In that case, if Katz is allowed out to play I think Wednesday next week would currently be the best bet? Or I could have lunch with Lua on Tuesday, Katz on Wednesday, MrsW on Friday ...

I should say I am trying to avoid Friday as even if they rashly want me back the following week, I shall try and sneak off at lunchtime on Friday to avoid the worst of the traffic.

Monday 16th is looking more favourable - but I can't say for sure if I shall still be there by then.

katzguk Wed 04-May-05 19:27:41

i'm up for any day but if its thursday then i will hvae DD in toe.

DH's says i can come and play but i have to wait and see what the midwife says on monday/tuesday, if the baby is still breech then i may have to take a raincheque to have a scan

MrsWednesday Thu 05-May-05 09:58:30

If it is a Thursday I will have DS with me, so they can entertain each other Katz. Hopefully!

tribpot Thu 05-May-05 10:23:13

At the mo it looks like Monday 16th is the best day for a general mini-meet (except potentially for me!) - with a mini-mini-meet of me, Katz and Lua on Wednesday 11th. That's pending Katz's mw appointment on Monday/Tuesday, + Lua's confirmation that she can do Wednesday.

How does that sound so far? I would just go for the Monday 16th option on its own as that seems to suit everyone, except I don't know what my chances are of still being there by then and it'd be a shame not to meet any of you now! Katz, will you still be allowd out on Monday 16th?

katzguk Thu 05-May-05 13:03:59

mon 16th will be 37 weeks for me will depend on how twitchy DH is!!

Can Lua make thursday aswell? me and MrsW can.

tribpot Thu 05-May-05 14:00:34

MrsW can't do Thursday next week (spa day!) and I will definitely not be in Leeds on Thursday of the following week (19th) as I have mw appointment in the morning and parentcraft in the evening - our first class! At long last!

So Wednesday or Thursday of next week is fine for mini-mini-meet, we await Lua's confirmation of her availability.

Lua Thu 05-May-05 14:28:28

HI THERE!
Sorry just saw these messages now! I can do either mon or wed - very flexible work!!! or very little energy for work \i should say....
It is unlikely that I would do both days though.... So I'll go with whatever the majority decide!

BTW, Trib, you don't really think they will give up on after one week, do you?! Or is it that you are thinking about givingthem up?

Lua Thu 05-May-05 14:42:12

Aaargh! took too long to post, and you guys already changed the plans on me!!!
So wed ot thurs. is fine, perhaps wed would be better, but I can be flexible if needed!

KVG take a sick day off and come!

tribpot Thu 05-May-05 17:10:44

Lua - I don't think they'll sack me after a week (surely?!) but the question is how much use I can really be to them this close to going on maternity leave. They know - or are supposed to know - that I can only do one week full-time (next week) and then part-time Mon-Wed. And in fact I can do one week Mon-Wed, the following week I have a breastfeeding workshop on the Tuesday so can't do anything much of any use and the following week there is a bank holiday on the Monday, so could do Tue-Wed!

As I live 170 miles from Leeds, this kinda adds to the fun.

Basically my suspicion is that once I talk to my line manager, he will realise that there's no point me doing more than a few days. They'll be paying me, and my travel/accommodation expenses, when I can't do anything very useful for them (bearing in mind I know nothing about the NHS). I will try and string it out to include Monday 16th though!

Shall we play it by ear for Wednesday next week, and settle on Monday 16th for definite? Katz, I am going to a wedding in Luton (about 60 miles away) when I am 37 weeks ... actually 37+1. Do you think this is insane? I have no prior experience to go by so my dh is less twitchy than yours.

katzguk Thu 05-May-05 18:48:20

i've just remembered that i can't do thursday next week, its DD's fav baby group whihc her best friend goes to so Weds next week or monday the weekk after (16th)

katzguk Thu 05-May-05 18:50:50

DH is only twitchy because DD arrived at 37 weeks, (she started at 36+5). I'm convinced this one will be late. The other factor is that we don't know if the baby is still breech or not and i may have to have a scan which we take time and then we start getting to DD's early arrival time, so generally DH just panics!!

JonahB Thu 05-May-05 21:52:16

can I join in?

I'm free on Monday 16th if you do meet up. I can't do next week at all as I'm still working, but i finish on the 13th, so the following week is fine for me.

Lua Thu 05-May-05 22:46:10

Ohh, the plot thickens...
I was just informed that I have a workshop that I absolutely need to show my face on the 16th and 17th... So I can still do this wed. or wed of the next week!

Allright, who has a degree in admin., management or political science to solve this knot?

tribpot Fri 06-May-05 08:04:45

Morning Jonah, I was just going to mention the meet-up to you on the main thread.

Okay. General meet-up - Monday 16th is good for everyone except Lua, how is Wednesday 18th?

Mini-mini-meet - given Wednesday 18th might really be pushing it for Katz, shall we stick with the plan to have a little gathering on Wednesday 11th, pending mw visits and scans and whatnot?

katzguk Fri 06-May-05 09:34:06

11th sounds great (pending midwife visit), plus i can leave dd behind with her daddy

Lua Fri 06-May-05 09:59:41

Aye for the 11th!

tribpot Sat 07-May-05 09:20:44

Great.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around now as we head off to Leeds this afternoon. But looking forward to seeing Katz & Lua on 11th (pending midwife and also whether I am still in Leeds!) and everyone else at some point in week commencing 16th (same caveat for me). Katz, can I give you my pound for the sweepstake prize draw when I see you?

See you soon I hope!

JonahB Sat 07-May-05 11:26:05

Could you let me know if you decide to go ahead with the 18th, then I'll come along as well. Thanks.

tribpot Sat 07-May-05 12:51:12

Will do Jonah.

katzguk Sat 07-May-05 16:09:01

yep, pounds on weds fine!

Do we have an idea of somewhere to go? i've never really been to leeds, except to conferences at the uni so no idea of where to eat. I will however be coming by train so somewhere near the station or easy to find from the station would suit!

Lua Sun 08-May-05 21:31:04

I guess we can get sme recomendations from Mrs.W? rmaybe by tuesday Trib will be a "local"?
I'll be taking the train too, so perhaps something clser to the station wuld be good?
Katz, what time you think you'll arrive? We could try to find each other in the train station and venture into town together?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now