Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Edinburgh anyone?

(87 Posts)
NinaMonty Wed 27-Apr-05 10:33:53

I have just moved to Edinburgh and have a four-month-old. I would love to meet up with other mums in the area - anyone around?

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 14:27:55

Hiya, am in a similar situation. Moved to edinburgh at christmas time and still don't really know many people. I am 22 and have a son who is nearly three months old. Would be great to have another mum to talk to!

Toothache Thu 28-Apr-05 14:29:46

I'm in Falkirk! I've been to a couple of meet-ups in Stirling, but don't see a problem meeting up in Edinburgh as long as we can make it near the train station.

Toothache Thu 28-Apr-05 14:30:40

Ooops, should've said, I'm 27 with a ds who is nearly 4 and an 9mth old dd.

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 14:31:31

me me me!!!! I want to meet up! I'm 23 and my ds is nearly 11 months, we live in Balerno but it still counts as Edinburgh.

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 14:33:18

could it be after the 17th June though? that's when my exams finish. Or is that too far away?

kmumed Thu 28-Apr-05 14:40:07

Hi - there is an Edinburgh Mums Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Edinburgh_Mums/ that arranges regular meet ups for mums and children. DD of 21/2 and I went to the Castle the other weekend, there have beenr ecent visits to the zoo, museum etc and regular soft play meets too. Hope to chat and meet you soon.

spots Thu 28-Apr-05 14:46:03

Hi, I'm in Fife but am often in Edinburgh. I always seem to be trying to get to meet-ups but haven't managed one yet. can I come? or try to...

am 31 and dd is one next month.

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 14:54:42

Would love to meet up, live near the city centre so anywhere in town would be fine for me. Am loving being a mummy but am starting to find it a bit lonely during the days. Can i be really stupid and ask what dd and ds stands for?

spots Thu 28-Apr-05 15:00:16

darling son and darling daughter or dear son and dear daughter... d'you know I actually never know which but I use it all the time without thinking.

o well not such a quibble, fair to assume they are both!

spots Thu 28-Apr-05 15:00:47

(prefer dear myself)

babaworshipper Thu 28-Apr-05 15:02:59

I am in Edinburgh too. I have A DD who is very nearly one! Would like to meet up too.

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:06:52

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Am new to this as you might have guessed. After 17th june is fine for me too but am free pretty much anytime!

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:17:17

Should we try and arrange an edinburgh meet up then?

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 15:22:52

please please can we wait until June? I really want to come! and the weather will be nicer then.
What about lunch somewhere? vittoria has seats outside if it's sunny, isn't too far from the station and is great with kids.

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:26:11

That sounds good beansmum. What r you studying? I'd like to go back to college but don't really know what to do, do you find it hard with the wee one?

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 15:28:17

I'm studying maths and I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare actually! glad it'll all be over soon. For some reason I've decided it's a good idea to do another degree so am doing an OU one starting in october. madness.

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 15:29:53

don't want to put you off, it's totally worth it even though it's a bit stressful!

Linds22 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:38:41

Thats really good, I found studying hard enough even without the wee one. Did a year of fashion at uni and dropped out then did beauty therapy but didn't complete that either, I only liked doing nails, so have been working as a nail technician for the last 2 years, but I think maybe I'd like to do some kind of business course. Will probably have changed my mind again next month!

NinaMonty Fri 29-Apr-05 10:27:15

Hi, I clearly didn't check this quickly enough. I'm 31 and my ds is nearly five months. I am free to meet up whenever suits other Edinburgh mums. Any ideas?

spots Fri 29-Apr-05 12:54:57

how about late June then? anyone got holidays booked? Agree Vittoria's is nice; they always go a bomb for babies.... tho on a sunny day the outside tables get filled up quickly...somewhere I have a copy of 'edinburgh for under 5's' which I will look in as well.

beansmum Fri 29-Apr-05 12:59:03

I'm going to Henley regatta from the 29th June - 3rd July so I'm only free for the week and a half after fri 17th and then from start of july I'm free FOREVER!

expatinscotland Fri 29-Apr-05 12:59:37

I'm in Edinburgh as well! Am in The Shore/Links area and definitely interested in any meet ups.

Have one DD who will be 2 in June and another due in December.

Am 34 years of age and married.

spots Fri 29-Apr-05 13:03:09

OK now starts the difficult bit... how about Thursday 23rd?

beansmum Fri 29-Apr-05 13:03:14

that was the longest sentence ever!

the botanic gardens are good too, but not as easy to get to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now