Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

The Barnsley Bunch would like to have a meal with the other yorkshire lasses!

(39 Posts)
Newbarnsleygirl Tue 26-Apr-05 20:51:37

After our little meet up today, we all mentioned a girls only meal.

There are a couple of restaurants here which are very nice, China Court (chinese) and Mezzaluna (italian) but they are in Barnsley.

Would anyone else be up for it and would you be happy about it being in Barnsley or would you prefer somewhere else?

Hulababy Tue 26-Apr-05 21:19:39

May be interested, but depends when really - and if there are others coming from my area possibly. Never been to Barnsley (in Sheffield).

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 26-Apr-05 21:56:44

Don't know about dates.

The others were wanting to do it pretty soon.

Yorkiegirl Tue 26-Apr-05 21:58:27

Message withdrawn

dottee Tue 26-Apr-05 22:30:29

Hi NBG and others.

If it is going to be at weekend, that's fine with me. I'll arrange around it. I may be able to offer limited digs if required.

trace2 Wed 27-Apr-05 09:59:11

I WILL GO WHERE EVER OR WHEN EVER.

gingerbear Wed 27-Apr-05 10:18:34

Aye up NBG 'ars tha doing?
I would like to come for a 'neet out in Barnsley. Tha 'asn't lived if tha's not been t' Barnsley.
My mum used to take us every week to Barnsley Market and we had pie and peas in Oldfield's Cafe.
Hey, what about a Pie and Pea supper??

jamiesam Wed 27-Apr-05 13:55:20

Hi

I'd like to come along too if that's OK.

Is the China Court the 'best chinese in yorkshire'? Not been, but there is somewhere in Barnsley Centre that was reviewed recently in the Sheffield Telegraph and had been awarded by ?I'm not sure who?

Sorry, that really is very vague isn't it! Would also go for pie and peas instead!

dottee Wed 27-Apr-05 13:57:06

PMSL GB!

gingerbear Wed 27-Apr-05 15:33:54

Got to be at the Market Cafe though, none of this best chinese in Yorkshire rubbish......

And we could buy a pound of tripe and other animal innards from the market on the way home. (yeuk, I hated that bit of the market.....)

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 27-Apr-05 17:01:01

GB

Pie and peas WTF?

Thas fine ta lass, and you?

China court is good but a bit expensive.
JS, Not sure about the award winning one, I only know of one other in Barnsley and I don't think thats award winning

Is everyone happy about coming to Barnsley?

China court would be fab for me as it's right at the top of my road

jnbsmum Wed 27-Apr-05 20:20:01

Hello nbg. Sorry about tues but ds was ill (rubella going around school and wasn't sure if it was that) Also my phones line was broke so couldnt get in touch with anyone. It was a nightmare

Anyway i'm up for a meet in barnsley. no probs

CarrieG Wed 27-Apr-05 20:21:17

Barnsley sounds good t'me to...

gingerbear Wed 27-Apr-05 22:39:16

Hello CarrieG, havent seen you for ages.
jnbsmum, what happened about Sheffield Spa?

maturer Wed 27-Apr-05 23:32:39

Hi all, hope you don't mind my butting in- not a yorkshire lass as such but been here thelast 10 years in West Yorkshire and would love to meet up. Barnsley isn't that far I'd be interested if can fix a time and place.

gingerbear Thu 28-Apr-05 11:17:45

I am sure you would be allowed as an honorary Yorkie. It might be difficult to arrange in May - Bank holidays and people away?

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 28-Apr-05 11:20:12

I might not be able to go now a Dh and I are having little heart attacks about our finances ATM.

BubblesDeVere Thu 28-Apr-05 11:23:11

I'm interested. Where r u maturer?

gingerbear Thu 28-Apr-05 11:28:31

Pie and Peas at Oldfield's Cafe then NBG

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 28-Apr-05 11:30:33

alibo Thu 28-Apr-05 12:33:39

oh no, NBG, a pizza/pasta meal at mezzaluna would be a lot cheaper than china court ???

trace2 Fri 29-Apr-05 19:34:43

have we got a date, and where yet? nbg hows it going

trace2 Tue 03-May-05 21:13:54

all you yorkshire ladies why have you gone quiet?

dottee Tue 03-May-05 22:42:48

Trace2 - I'm just keeping my eye on the thread and seeing if I can make it when something is sorted out. My social life is still up in the air at the moment but at least my dm is back home (and already giving me grief!)

darlingbud Tue 03-May-05 22:43:55

I would usually be up for it but money a bit tight at the moment. sorry. keep me posted for future ones though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now