Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Cardiff/South Wales

(132 Posts)
katylou25 Thu 14-Apr-05 15:51:25

Are there any welshies around? I live in Cardiff, although from Swindon and therefore am rather lacking in local family and friends !!! Anyway just wondered if anyone fancied a chance to meet or somewhat!

katylou25 Fri 15-Apr-05 19:25:53

BUMP!!!!

floppsy Fri 15-Apr-05 20:01:09

Hello im from wales but a bit to far away to meet up im down in pembrokeshire.just had to tell you i was in swindon last weekend at an engagement party it was great!sorry we can't meet up.

poppy101 Fri 15-Apr-05 20:03:56

I live in Newport originally from Gloucester. Cardiff is quite a big city, what part of Cardiff roughly do you live in ?

Punnet Fri 15-Apr-05 20:13:49

I'm probably moving to Newport / Chepstow in the next coupla months (Uni- dh works just over bridge, this side). Saw your localities and thought I will not be totally alone! Has anybody got ips- where to avoid, etc? Anything would be appreciated, in Somerset now and taking chance moving with 3 kids.

poppy101 Fri 15-Apr-05 20:15:42

Chepstow is a lovely place, quite expensive for Wales, but you will probably find it reasonable especially if you live in Somerset now!! I live in Newport, nice enough!!

katylou25 Sat 16-Apr-05 11:15:36

Yeah agree that chepstow is lovely - would avoid magor/undy etc as very verymuch a commuter place. My friend moved there a year ago and absolutely hates it as a SAHM cosnobody around etc.

katylou25 Sat 16-Apr-05 11:16:06

oops sorry if anyone lives there!

katylou25 Mon 18-Apr-05 09:15:35

Bump!!!!

Frenchy72 Mon 18-Apr-05 10:02:20

Hi! I have lived in Cardiff for 2 years and don't know anyone really. I have got a ds 13 months and dh almost never home because of his job. anyone in this situation? Er.. and also I'm from Paris originally!
thanks!

poppy101 Tue 19-Apr-05 13:37:06

What part of Cardiff are you living in ? Cardiff is very busy with a lot of hustle and bustling going on, one reason why we choose to not live there. Plus too expensive to live in Cardiff, we live close to Newport.

Agree about Undy/Magor area, however, there are lots of new housing so you would expect there to be a lot of families !!

Frenchy72 Tue 19-Apr-05 13:41:43

in the north west near caerphilly. lovely but house too small now with baby stuff everywhere!!!
Newport is the limit of Wales isn't it? What is it like?

poppy101 Tue 19-Apr-05 13:47:03

What do you mean by limit of Wales ?

Newport is fine, not too many groups for babies around, find that a bit hard.

Frenchy72 Tue 19-Apr-05 14:18:50

Sorry, language confusion, I meant 'border' is that right?

learningasigo Tue 19-Apr-05 14:38:57

i'm in caerphilly and would love a meetup with some other mums. ds is 14 weeks and quite well behaved on trips out. where abouts are you frenchy72?

Frenchy72 Tue 19-Apr-05 14:49:05

Do you know Tongwynlais, the hole?!? no seriously, I live near the castle. My ds is 13 months now. you are very welcome if you are around here! bye for now! I must hurry to the creche because ds has got a temperature.

learningasigo Sat 23-Apr-05 12:33:42

hi frenchy72. sorry no reply till now. hope your ds is ok? i know where tongwynlais is - drive past on my way into town - we live about 10 mins away on the outskirts of caerphilly.
feel like i've highjacked katylou25s thread here - no probs travelling to cardiff or somewhere in between cardiff and newport for poppy101 too. Is there a park or somewhere we could all go for a walk or a child friendly pub for a drink and something to keep the little sweethearts amused?

bibiboo Sat 23-Apr-05 16:45:53

Hi Al,

I'm a mother to a 6mo dd. I live in Pontypridd, so if there's a Cardiff meet-up being arranged, count me in!!!

bonym Sun 24-Apr-05 12:16:45

Hi everyone. Tredegar House might be a good place to meet as just off the motorway between Newport/Caerphilly/Cardiff and has great park plus children's play area. Can't remember if there's a cafe but I would have thought so. Shall we try to arrange something?

bibiboo Mon 25-Apr-05 08:43:17

Sounds good to me!

learningasigo Mon 25-Apr-05 15:42:43

Great idea for Tredegar House. Count me in too.
So are week days or weekends better for everyone? I'm not back in work yet so pretty easy.

bonym Mon 25-Apr-05 16:33:09

Weekdays for me - anyone have any preference/days they couldn't do?

katylou25 Mon 25-Apr-05 17:07:03

Don't worry bout hijacking my thread - am just glad people are interested!!! Tresdegar House sounds good to me too - and weekdays are better - otherwise might have to bring hubby!

jofeb04 Mon 25-Apr-05 19:26:40

Hiya all, just noticed this lol.
Id be free most days really, got a 14month old ds, and pg with No 2. Tredegar park would be good, but able to get to cardiff or newport. I live near Blackwood.

bibiboo Mon 25-Apr-05 19:38:19

I can be free during the week if I've got enough notice to get a day off work.
What month are we looking at? Early May? I can't do May 8th because I'm doing the Race for Life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now