Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Baby/Toddler Groups in Islington area

(7 Posts)
Simi Wed 13-Apr-05 22:20:30

My ds has just turned one. We have been going to a baby massage course for the first 6 months, did baby swimming etc and I just wondered if anyone can recommend any other groups/meet-ups in the area?

honeypot01 Wed 13-Apr-05 22:28:54

i dont know about Islington. I live in Enfield. Do you have a tumbletots near you? They do different age groups, im going to book my son for another course i think, he's 3. What about a music class, or even story and rhyme time at the library, they have these at the same time every week.

Simi Thu 14-Apr-05 09:34:25

Thanks honeypot01, thought he might be a bit young for tumbletots, but could give it a go. Does anyone else knows any groups in the N1 area?

honeypot01 Thu 14-Apr-05 12:53:20

tumble tots for younger children is called Gymbobs, then they do an age of walking - 2 yrs, then 2-3 yrs, then 3yrs - schoolage

3mum Thu 14-Apr-05 14:56:59

Tumble Tots takes place at St Stephen's Church Hall (by Essex Road Station). Can't remember the times but I think they have a notice up.

There are also Bizzy Bodies classes on Wednesday mornings at King's Hall (I think) the white building on Prebend Street.

If you don't mind the fees the Gymboree centre in the Business Design centre has some lovely classes.

You can also ring Islington and ask their early years service to send you a list of play groups.

Hope this helps!

welshmum Thu 14-Apr-05 15:04:52

Islington council should be able to tell you if you're in a Sure Start area - they have loads of stuff on. Good luck

Posey Thu 14-Apr-05 20:55:58

I know of loads of places, having been in the baby/toddler group circuit for nearly 8 years
What type of thing? Pre-booked stuff like tumbletots etc or more your drop-in type group?
If you meet up with us on Monday (see other thread!) I can tell you all about the groups I know I'll tell you anyway but need more idea of what you want.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: