Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Manchester anyone?

(30 Posts)
ronniec Mon 11-Apr-05 13:40:48

am a bit depressed by all the london mums on here as i moved from islington a few months before having dd (shes just 1) - we have lots of lovely 'baby friends' up here but always nice to make new ones and keep expanding overly sociable dd's calendar - anyone in manchester - especially sale/chorlton/didsbury? - come on speak up

Soph2403 Wed 13-Apr-05 16:23:15

Hi I am in Warrington, nr manchester

dyzzidi Wed 13-Apr-05 16:25:15

I'm in MCR no kids though but would be up for a meet up!

make sure you check out the one bug huge meet up thread they are having a meet up in MCR i'm sure they would all love to meet you!!!

ronniec Sun 17-Apr-05 21:28:14

hi Soph, Warrington's not so far, my bf works there. who are you mum to?

dyzzidi - hi what's this thread for big meet ups? and is mumsnet so good that you come on it with no kids? good way to get a taste i guess.

Soph2403 Mon 18-Apr-05 09:42:29

Hi. I am mum to Thomas who is nearly 9 months old.

tiptop Mon 18-Apr-05 09:54:52

Big Manchester Meet-up Thread

dyzzidi Mon 18-Apr-05 10:02:19

Ronnie c I'm trying to concieve at present! You would be suprised how much Info you can get from other ttc ladies. They are a great support and very knowledgable on IVF and various ohther subjects.

Plus the caht is always good fun

ronniec Mon 18-Apr-05 13:17:48

dyzzidi - good luck! thanks for letting me know about that thread, i snatch a few minutes on mumsnet when i'm meant to be studying (MA at manc) so miss lots. don't know anything about IVF but would be happy to grab a coffee anytime.

Soph - are you gonna make big meet up or is manc a bit far?

fral Wed 04-May-05 14:20:24

I'm in Stockport if thats any good not far from Didsbury etc.DD is 10 weeks and i thought she was asleep at the mo how wrong i was!

Soph2403 Thu 05-May-05 15:54:48

Hi - have I missed the meet - Manchester not that far for me.

mancmum Thu 05-May-05 15:57:32

Hi -- I used to live in Islington until I moved to Manchster so know what you are going thru!! I am in Didsbury but do work FT but maybe we could sort something out?

Nemo1977 Thu 05-May-05 15:59:01

soph im in knowsley so about 10mins from warrington...

Soph2403 Fri 06-May-05 14:35:01

Hi Nemo1977 - do u want to get in touch re meeting up?

ronniec Thu 19-May-05 10:48:54

Hi sorry have been off working on an essay for my MA which is now done have you met up? if not we could sort something out. Soph and Nemo do you work? we could do it at the weekend if we can find a free one.

Soph2403 Mon 23-May-05 07:26:10

Hi Ronnie.
No I dont work and I havent met up yet.

ronniec Thu 26-May-05 12:05:32

Well I have car and time at the mo (unless get some work for summer holiday sorted) so can meet up if anyone wants to. going away tomorrow til wednesday so will be offline but lets sort something.

mancmum Fri 27-May-05 22:37:18

let me know when it is and I will try to come along... could get some time out of work and bring DD... how about that new kids place in chorlton... it is the best kids place I have been to for ages... really fab food and good stuff for kids...

jessysmummy Thu 02-Jun-05 12:22:53

Hi! Just found this thread and was getting a bit depressed at the number of meet ups going on down south so am glad I've found some MNers in the NW .
Nemo1977 - I'm in Whiston - not far from you at all so Warrington would be best for me too, though I could make it to somewhere in Manchester (with very good directions).

katierocket Thu 02-Jun-05 12:51:47

mancmum - where's the new place in Chorlton? and what is it?

katierocket Fri 03-Jun-05 10:10:55

bump for mancmum

Lizzylou Fri 03-Jun-05 10:11:56

I'm in Rossendale, about 18 miles north of Manchester...I'd love to meet up if I'm allowed in!

ronniec Mon 06-Jun-05 21:02:24

mancmum hav heard the new place in chorlton is good. anyone want to meet and when? random suggestion, i'm free sat 25th/sun 26th or a few other times that week. is getting near big meetup time if that's still happening but might be good to already know a few people beforehand.

Lua Mon 06-Jun-05 21:20:05

Hi there! I'm in Manchester too. Would love to meet MNers too!
BTW, really curious about this new place in chorlton... where is it mancmum?

ADilemma Mon 06-Jun-05 21:36:11

one big meetup is in manchester you know.

mancmum Wed 08-Jun-05 23:00:50

sorry just noticed this -- the place in chorlton is called head over heels and is a fab place place for kids mainly under age of about 8 - it has two area -- one for under 3s and rest for older kids.. really nice and clean and new and the best bit is the family restaurant that does fab food -- actgually edible which can not be said ever for a wacky warehouse!! does big menu of food and has a deli type counter for sandwiches, big range of cakes etc... i love this place...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now