Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

looking for mums in the wrotham/sevenoaks/maidstone area of *kent*

(21 Posts)
lunarx Tue 05-Apr-05 11:53:13

we've recently moved to wrotham, kent. (its a small village, closest 'big' town is sevenoaks, i believe.) ds is 9.5 months old (10 months old on april 24.) dh works full time and i'm currently a full time SAHM who is looking to meet other local mums. i don't currently drive, but do have access to bus and train lines. i'm 28 years old, a transplant to england from america (have lived here over a year now!) and have been married almost a year. any contacts would be appreciated... cheers!!!

Fio2 Tue 05-Apr-05 12:04:34

my h works in sevenoaks, we are based in east kent though. Might be able to meet more central. there are quite a few mums in medway/maidstone area and a few in west kent too

lunarx Sun 10-Apr-05 20:24:08

hiya fio (sorry its taken me some days to write you back!) if you dont mind me asking where abouts you live. it would be nice to meet other nearby mums..

perhaps we can activate those local Kent mums and find them

angelp Tue 12-Apr-05 06:58:03

I live Tonbridge area but can easily meet up in Sevenoaks. Have had no luck finding MNers in my area - either they just ignore my posts or there aren't many around. I am 37 (but believe me don't feel or act it) and have one DD of 20 months. WOuld love tomeet up

Cadbury Tue 12-Apr-05 08:40:07

Hello, I live in Medway and I'm a sahm with a 4 year old dd and a nearly 2 tyear old ds. I get about my bus and train mostly too.

Roobie Tue 12-Apr-05 08:42:21

I live in Sevenoaks and could be persuaded to pluck up the courage for a meet-up!! By the way I am 36 with a 3 yo dd and no.2 due on Monday....

rickman Tue 12-Apr-05 09:19:11

Message withdrawn

lunarx Fri 22-Apr-05 16:12:01

ohhhhhhhhhhh!! (doh!!)
this thread dropped off my list and i didnt check it back :p

a sevenoaks meet-up or mini-meet-up would be great. its a close train ride for me...

maybe any of us who are interested in meeting up in the sevenoaks area (?) could start an email list between us to see when/where/etc is best for us all (my email is lunarx@livejournal.com if anyone wants to contact me)

i didnt see anything about the godstone farm meet-up. how was it?

ps: how are you doing roobie? did baby #2 make his/her appearance? hope all is well!

lunarx Fri 22-Apr-05 16:12:03

ohhhhhhhhhhh!! (doh!!)
this thread dropped off my list and i didnt check it back :p

a sevenoaks meet-up or mini-meet-up would be great. its a close train ride for me...

maybe any of us who are interested in meeting up in the sevenoaks area (?) could start an email list between us to see when/where/etc is best for us all (my email is lunarx@livejournal.com if anyone wants to contact me)

i didnt see anything about the godstone farm meet-up. how was it?

ps: how are you doing roobie? did baby #2 make his/her appearance? hope all is well!

Noidea Fri 22-Apr-05 16:46:15

Hi lunarx,
I'm in New Barn, roughly 7-8 miles north of you I'd guess and my dd is 9.5 months old. Just organised a meet at Bluewater next Friday (see 'Bluewater older mums' thread - there aren't many older mums so younger ones very welcome) - can you get there by bus or train? Great to have an extra one if you can make it.

lunarx Fri 22-Apr-05 19:32:23

hi noidea,
no you're not far from me at all by the looks on the map! will head over and check out the bluewater meetup thread..thanks! =D

Flossysmum Sat 14-May-05 08:35:45

Hi i'm an older mum too (33) with 3 monsters 6,4 & 2 I drive and i'm not afraid to do so either!!! lol would love to come to a meet up in maidstone or anywhere else if u like hope to hear from someone soon lol xxxx

julesgs Mon 23-May-05 21:12:35

Hi there.

Have just seen this thread - bit late - but I live in 7Oaks and would love to meet up. I have a dd of 2 3/4 and a 13 week old dd. Lunarx, I will email you too.

Look forward to hearing/meeting up.

Jules

rickman Wed 25-May-05 09:58:59

Message withdrawn

lunarx Wed 25-May-05 19:41:11

hiya sorry i've not seen this sooner! will look for the kent meetup on that thread!!

Claireyfairycake Thu 26-May-05 10:35:11

hi, think i left a message but i prob did it wrong cos i cant see it!! im claire and 21 and i have a 3 month old little girl. i dont know anyone in maidstone with kids so i would love to chat to anyone near me. my email is claireydaleandellie@hotmail.co.uk x

lunarx Wed 01-Jun-05 20:20:33

hiya Claireyfairycake- sorry i didnt post back sooner! been so busy! maidstone is a quick train ride for me.. will be there in the next week or two doing some shopping for fathers day, maybe we can meet up for coffee(or whatever)?

melminx Fri 03-Jun-05 22:59:37

hi lunarx, im melanie and i live in hartley,longfield which is just through meopham. so if your still looking for new friends my email address is melminx69@aol.com

lunarx Thu 09-Jun-05 12:15:50

hi melminx, got your email back, am struggling this week to keep up with emails and all else! will write back soon! meeting up would be nice!
hope you are well...xx

lunarx Fri 01-Jul-05 13:31:49

*bump bump

CJayne Tue 05-Jul-05 12:09:47

Hi Everyone,

I'm not from Maidstone but I'm not that far away and I know the area quite well. I work in Kings Hill so am happy to come to Maidstone for a meet up. My email is cjmeager@hotmail.com if anyone wants the electronic equivalent of a penpal!

Carina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now