Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Grannies meetup

(5 Posts)
MumOnaMission Tue 05-Apr-05 11:23:57

I posted this on "site stuff" but no replies so with post here instead.

What do people think about an area for the grannies? I found this site recently and it looks great and I thought the meet-ups section was a brilliant idea. Just the sort of thing my mum needs except that she doesn't have young children so she would be better meeting up with people her own age with grandkids. I looked at www.gransnet.com but it has nothing on it. What about a section within mumsnet? Or does anyone know of another site she could use? I know there's plenty of sites where you can meet people but it just all seems so much safer here - no-one has any alterior motives, just people with something in common getting together. Let me know your thoughts.

pixiefish Tue 05-Apr-05 11:30:23

there are a few grannies/mums with older kids on here. won't name them in case i'm wrong but i can think of a few

grannyslittletreasur Wed 13-Apr-05 11:54:22

hi have just read your letter for grannys i think it is a brill idea i,m a granny to to little boys of 19mths / 4mths us grannys have a lot of knowledge and fun being grandparents if this website takes off i.ll only be to glad to talk to other grannys or meet up if there in my area . so come on all you grannys out there get typing love from
grannys little treasures xxxxxxx

Granite Tue 24-May-05 16:47:49

I've been really jealous reading Mumsnet - wish it had been there when I needed it! Have 3 gc'n - all under four - sometimes have them for a few days - always on the lookout for ideas as feel somewhat out of touch. Would love a grannies ideas section in Mumsnet.

DickWhittingtonsCat Wed 25-May-05 17:29:00

This is a lovely idea, esp as grandparents sometimes need to make new friends after moving for family reasons. My parents are hoping to move nearer us, and Mum is computer literate. I would love to suggest this to Mum to meet other grandparents near their new home, but I would have to change my name and make sure she never came across all the times I had grumbled about her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now