Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

SEEKING ADVICE AND PREGNANCY BUDDIES: N1,5,16

(8 Posts)
JenJam Thu 31-Mar-05 15:21:24

Hi all
I'm 9 weeks and new to all this malarky.
have been given 4 hospitals to chooose from by the doctor, whittington, homerton, uclh and royal free. i live in highbury so i guess whittington would be the obvious choice but who knows??? I don't know anyone with a london baby, and don't know anyone who is expecting....anyone know anything about any of the above ? hospitals do freak me out a bit. I like to be in control....
and is anyone else due later this year...Oct/Nov 05?

lisalisa Thu 31-Mar-05 15:24:13

Message withdrawn

hoxtonchick Thu 31-Mar-05 15:28:30

i live in e8 & am 25 weeks pg with my second. i'm a high risk pregnancy, diabetes & high blood pressure, & am being looked after at the homerton. they are absolutely fantastic, have been brilliant so far with antenatal care. i really feel like they know me now, & the people doing the scans in particular are so nice. a lot of my friends have had their babies there, very happily. i don't think the post-natal care is up to much but that's generally the case in london. it's a modern hospital & you can park in the nearby streets - very important for me! my s-i-l lived in highbury & had her 1st at the whittington & 2nd at the homerton. i had my 1st at st mary's which was fine but is the wrong side of london for us now.

MissChief Thu 31-Mar-05 15:30:33

homerton's A teaching hospital and got good rep. as for meeting people, worth contacting nct and finding out about ante-natal classes - good for meeting people locally due same time.
HTH

JenJam Fri 01-Apr-05 11:10:03

Thanks for advice MC, LL and HC, will try to get on a labour ward tour this sunday at Whittington and UCLH - have a nice weekend yourselves

dinosaur Fri 01-Apr-05 11:11:12

I had all three of mine at the Homerton - it is very good - very busy but very good.

welshmum Fri 01-Apr-05 11:25:27

Jenjam - just in case you don't see my response on the the other thread. I had dd at UCH and found the care was excellent and the staff there lovely - it is a bit scuzzy round the edges but they have opened a new birth suite called the Bloomsbury.
I'm having no 2 there next month (eek)

JenJam Fri 01-Apr-05 17:22:12

well hope to hear all about your experience, if you feel like sharing it. good luck for next month. talk to you sometime soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now