Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Any black mums in barnet

(9 Posts)
tulippetal Wed 23-Mar-05 21:47:06

Hi there
I have just moved into the area, and am feeling very isolated. Just wondered if there were any other black mums in barnet would like to meet up.

Also all the mums in the area seem to be a bit posh, would love to meet mum with good ol' working class roots.

Would meet in any location in the area - have ds 2.5 years

tulippetal Thu 24-Mar-05 23:58:15

bump

Flossam Fri 25-Mar-05 00:02:29

>Whispers< Why only black mums? Might be lots of all colour mums that you could make friends with! Title sounds a bit off, imagine if it was any white mums, wouldn't be acceptable. Hope you make some new friends though!

kama Fri 25-Mar-05 00:04:38

Message withdrawn

tulippetal Fri 25-Mar-05 00:21:15

Don't mean to cause offence. May be should have put this in multicultural.

Thought as there was titles such as 'looking for asian mums' people would understand that if in a minority it's just nice to meet up with other similar groups, obviously wrong.

Think I should look at other sites, where offence won't be caused. Sorry.

kama Fri 25-Mar-05 00:33:05

Message withdrawn

gella Fri 25-Mar-05 13:20:41

Hi
I know what you mean, i live in crouch end and they are not many black mums here either.

crouchingtigeress Fri 25-Mar-05 13:42:02

Hi Tulip
I also know how you feel. Not many black mums around my part of barnet,compared to Tottenham where I use to live - it can be isolating. When I visit the parks or parent groups, often feel I don't have much in common with the other mums. If they go themselves - it's usually nannys.

You might find the multicutural section helpful- there's meet ups there also.

Whereabouts in Barnet are you?

crouchingtigeress Fri 25-Mar-05 13:45:06

I go to wood green library - it's nice and big and got a wider selection of multicultural books.
Look on the the multicultural topic for details of the next meetup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now