Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

New Glasgow Meet Up Thread

(29 Posts)
Aimsmum Tue 22-Mar-05 19:49:06

Message withdrawn

CherryEm Tue 22-Mar-05 20:05:05

Please?! Need some chill time with wedding stuff in laws and new house driving me ABSOLUTELY BANANAS! I am free pretty much anytime anyday but afternoons, mon-thurs is best. thanks Aimsmum!

CherryEm Tue 22-Mar-05 20:10:49

-

CherryEm Tue 22-Mar-05 20:10:58

-

Aimsmum Tue 22-Mar-05 20:13:17

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 09:46:20

Message withdrawn

Prettybird Wed 23-Mar-05 10:26:52

I can only do weekends - so for me, any weekend after the 9/10th Aptril would be OK.

I've now been to the soft play area (Whale of a Time) in Shawlands (ds was at a party there). It's quite good in that the cafe area is in maongst the play area, so you can watch your child running around while you chat/have a up fo tea and cake. It's pretty basic (the tabel and chairs are just picnic plastic ones) but the important things is that ds really enjoyed himslef and it is big enough to keep the kids occupied wile the parents can have a natter!

I don't know what the St Enoch one is like, but Shawland is an option.

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 11:39:51

Message withdrawn

Prettybird Wed 23-Mar-05 12:24:15

It's in the Shawlands Arcade, on Pollokshaways Road (just after Pollokshaws Road "splits" and contines on to join Haggs Road, while the "main" road becomes Kilmarnock Road. Near the Granary if you know the "in" pubs of Glasgow (so I am told!)

It's close to either Pollokshaws East (probably the closest - and not to be confused with Pollokshields East) or Crossmyloof train stations.

Don't know the numbers of the buses, but there are loads that go down Kilmarnock Road.

CherryEm Wed 23-Mar-05 21:46:00

Got my dresses!! turns out it was MIL sticking her neb in and making my bridesmaid feel bad about herself just cos she doesnt like the dress. She pulled me away from my tea to go and look at really minging one! I tried on my wedding gown for the first time today it was lovely! well chuffed. Im a bit terrified about going to shawlands. useless at folling maps/directions. did my driving lessons there for a year still managed to book my test for shettleston cos i was that clueless! (thank god instructor noticed! Could maybe get train to crossmyloof. but dunno if i could manage without someone meeting me or VERY good directions (think blonde). Is anyone up for one a bit earlier as well maybe in st enochs too? need to bump my social calendar up!

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 22:06:33

Message withdrawn

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 11:09:59

Its a hard dress to describe because it mentions gold which sounds mega christmassy. however its not like that its more 'champagne' or honey something like that with an ivory lace overlay. so much nicer than the one i originally tried. What thursday are you free? I'm free any thursday but today!

Aimsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 11:18:58

Message withdrawn

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 11:27:18

whateva suits you or anyone else. sounds painful poor wee soul

Aimsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 13:38:44

Message withdrawn

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 21:14:04

Bumpity bump

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 21:14:30

Bumpity Bump anyone free on a thursday?

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 21:14:46

Bumpity bump

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 21:15:12

Bumpity bump. I'll see you if your there

CherryEm Thu 24-Mar-05 21:15:39

...ive not had much sleep

Aimsmum Sat 26-Mar-05 10:43:39

Message withdrawn

sammac Sat 26-Mar-05 11:11:46

Hi, can't do Thursday, sorry, would love to. During the holidays I normally would be able to, but that's when we leave for Paris, Aimsmum, so can give the low down.

Aimsmum Sat 26-Mar-05 11:24:03

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Mon 28-Mar-05 11:27:15

Message withdrawn

sammac Mon 28-Mar-05 13:21:00

We are off on the 7th, flying to London, staying with my cousin in Putney, then setting off on the first Eurostar on Friday morning, so we can have morning cafe in Paris!!

Have found 4* hotel at great rate just beside the Jardins du Luxembourg, so is really central. Now all I to do is decide what we want to do- hopefully lunch at the Eiffel tower and a trip on the Seine. Other than that just take it as it comes. Been devouring the guides I bought so my head is brimming with all the info!

I'll keep looking at this meet-up in case I can make it, but our flight on the Thursday is at 4ish,, so really rules out that day. Could do earlier in that week though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now