Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone in the chatham area who would like to meet up

(25 Posts)
kt75 Mon 21-Mar-05 14:27:43

new mumsnet member not to sure how all this meeting up works would like some contact with anyone who lives close to my area. I have 2 daughters 11yrs and 20mth.

Cadbury Mon 21-Mar-05 14:32:04

Hello kt75! Welcome to mumsnet. I'm very near Chatham and there are quite a few of us round here. How did you come across mumsnet?

I'm 31 and married with a dd of 4.5 and a ds of 20 months too! I'm a stay at home mum. What about you?

kt75 Tue 22-Mar-05 16:11:36

Hi Cadbury i came across mumsnet by watching a program on discovery health and thought id give it a go, only had computer for 7mths so im still learning.Im 30 not married and also a stay at home mum. How far from chatham do you live?

mumomum Tue 22-Mar-05 16:50:15

Hello, I'm from the Gillingham area. I'm a mum 2b, 27 and work full-time. I would like to meet new mums and mums2B for tea & chat in medway.

Cadbury Tue 22-Mar-05 20:07:32

I nearly missed this! I'm in Walderslade. Feel free to cat me if you want to chat further. Have you always lived round here?

Hello mumomum! Noticed you around earlier. Welcome! There's quite a litttle mumsnet communitee in Medway now.

So would you 2 be up for a coffee sometime soon? (I mnay have to be a bit flexible as ds has chicken pox at the moment and there's no telling when dd will come down with it!)

mumomum Wed 23-Mar-05 09:00:04

I moved here around 18months ago from London but I'm originally from Shrophire. I'm off work today because I've had severe morning sickness since 3am every day since last Monday. So give me til after easter to catch up on myself and I'd love to meet up for chat! What do you get up to with your two little ones Cadbury? I'd like to find out more.

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 09:55:22

Hi mumomum, you poor thing. You have my sympathy. I had awful morning sickness with my dd for the whole 9 months. Hope it will calm down soon for you. How many weeks are you?

My 2 keep me pretty busy. My dd goes to preschool 5 mornings a week and my ds potters about with me. We go to (and run) a parent and toddler group in term time near by on a wednesday lunchtime, and I'm involved in various things with my church. If you drive there are a number of things to do round here but sadly I don't so I have to rely on buses, walking or kind friends.

Where abouts in london were you? We moved down from Tooting 3 and a half years ago.

HappyDaddy Wed 23-Mar-05 10:53:42

Hi, kt75, I'm in Chatham. I'm a stay at home dad to a 10month old girl.

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 11:28:30

wotcha HD!

saza1843 Wed 23-Mar-05 12:25:07

hi my name is sarah im a stay at home mum who lives in brompton inbetween chatham n gillingham ne one fancy meetin up, i stay in all day everyday my litlle one is one hes names oliver plz get bac to me cheers xxxx

rickman Wed 23-Mar-05 12:36:22

Message withdrawn

saza1843 Wed 23-Mar-05 12:49:55

im not from here im an army wife so i have no choice i hate it here and dont talk ot ne one brcause they r so bitchy

Dingle Wed 23-Mar-05 12:50:07

Ooo...yes...we have quite a little local community don't we!

I'm in Lordswood, have a ds of 5 and a dd of 3 to keep me on my toes!

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 13:00:29

I don't consider myself from here either. I don't know many of the old chatham families either. I would like to meet you Rickman (Aero is a friend of mine and speaks very highly of you).

Hi Saza - I understand what you mean about the army. I was brought up in the army. Hardly condusive to long meaningful friendships!

So, shall we meet in Chatham for coffee soon then ?(ds still has chicken pox and dd is bound to soon so not sure how soon I can make it)

Hello Dingle!!!!

HappyDaddy Wed 23-Mar-05 13:01:06

Alright, Cadbury?

Rickman, I've only been in Medway for 2 years, East London and Essex before that. Never fear.

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 13:01:17

I don't consider myself from here either. I don't know many of the old chatham families either. I would like to meet you Rickman (Aero is a friend of mine and speaks very highly of you).

Hi Saza - I understand what you mean about the army. I was brought up in the army. Hardly condusive to long meaningful friendships!

So, shall we meet in Chatham for coffee soon then ?(ds still has chicken pox and dd is bound to soon so not sure how soon I can make it)

Hello Dingle!!!! Thanks for ytour email, will reply soon

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 13:01:50

ooops!

Dingle Wed 23-Mar-05 13:10:03

Aha...so I won't be out of place originating from sunny Peckham then!

Hi there Cadders, sorry to here about the chickenpox, I can remember when dd had it-I was just praying that ds would get it too to get it over and done with IYSWIM! Is your ds very poorly with it?

rickman Wed 23-Mar-05 13:17:59

Message withdrawn

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 14:14:24

Rickman, even if I did turn out to know of him, the only thing I would be likely to say to him would be some well chosen words on the subject of how much of an arsehole he is

Don't worry, I wouldn't really!

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 14:15:23

There is very little to do as far as I can see. There must be a cafe or something we could meet up in initially.

saza1843 Wed 23-Mar-05 14:21:14

hey is anyone wantin to meet up for a coffee or to let the kids run round in the park, let me know hope ur ds gets better cadbury take care xxx

saza1843 Wed 23-Mar-05 14:21:18

hey is anyone wantin to meet up for a coffee or to let the kids run round in the park, let me know hope ur ds gets better cadbury take care xxx

Cadbury Wed 23-Mar-05 14:23:08

thaks saza.
Will let you know whaen it looks safe for us to come out of quarrantine!

saza1843 Mon 04-Apr-05 11:33:25

is no one talkin on this page ne more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now