Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

crawley,horsham,redhill,reigate mums

(73 Posts)
brambles Fri 18-Mar-05 09:59:52

hi i have two boys one of 3 yrs and the other is 10 months.
my 3 yr old has so many friends i am trying to find mums with children around my 2nd sons age about 8 months up so we can meet up and let them play without the older ones around.

we are in crawley.

fatbetty Fri 18-Mar-05 10:09:22

Hi Brambles! I also have 2 boys - one 2 and the other 7 months. We are planning on moving to Reigate in May but currently live near Bromley. I would love to meet up with other mums in that area so at least I would know a few other people when I move to the area.

brambles Fri 18-Mar-05 10:21:21

hi thanks for your message i am also on the redhill board so when you move down hopefully we can all meet up good luck on your move

funnytype Fri 18-Mar-05 15:13:14

Hi Em,

Well you know I am up for a meet up.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Stephanie
xx

fatbetty Thu 24-Mar-05 08:00:41

Brambles, I'm also able to travel to your area if you wanted to get together before we move.

Hope you have a good Easter!

brambles Thu 24-Mar-05 15:33:06

hi fatbetty

that would be nice its a long way for you though isnt?

i tell you what i am having a little get together for my son 1st birthday soon probably the 30th april and you are more than welcome to come.

starlover Thu 24-Mar-05 18:36:05

hi brambles... i am in crawley too.. pound hill....

I have one ds, he's only 6 weeks though, but would love to meet up with some people with small(ish) babies... my health visitor said there are no mother and baby groups round here, only toddler ones

brambles Thu 24-Mar-05 20:37:53

hi starlover

there is a really good mothers group in worth in the church by the shops loads of people take there babies there i used to tues and thursdays 9.30 i have a list here of all the mother groups it dosent matter how old they are its for you as well. x

fatbetty Fri 25-Mar-05 10:05:09

Brambles, it's not too far really. I have a friend who lives in Worcester Park area and used to driving over there. Makes a nice afternoon out and then the kids fall asleep on the way back. Bliss!

We are going to be away on the 30th, but thank you for the invite to the party. Maybe we could arrange another time.

starlover Fri 25-Mar-05 12:40:24

I might try that one in worth brambles. Although, I am scared of going anywhere by myself, which is why I haven't made that much of an effort to go anywhere!

I have a copy of the grapevine which lists all the local groups, but I don't really know what's what!

fatbetty Fri 25-Mar-05 21:32:37

Can relate with you starlover. I did some activities with my ds1 in hopes of meeting other mums but most of the other mums just kept to themselves.

Has your health visitor arrange an antenatal group for others in your area who have had their babies close to your ds? That is where I made most of my mum friends from.

starlover Fri 25-Mar-05 22:10:02

fatbetty... no she hasn't. I have the phone number of someone who I met while I was in hospital, her ds was born the day before mine.. but I am too scared to call her! how stupid is that?

I think if I had someone to come with me I would go to a local group, but then i'd probably end up just talking to them and making no new friends at all!!!!

starlover Fri 25-Mar-05 22:10:35

she has referred me to the baby massage group though... have to wait for them to contact me and see when they're next running it

fatbetty Sat 26-Mar-05 10:15:34

I'm really surprised that your health visitor can't at least put you in touch with a few people who had their babies born around the same time. It's nice to be able to chat to other mums who are in the same boat as you. I would give the other mum you met in the hospital a call. She would probably love to hear from you!!

My kids are a bit older (2 and 8 months) but I would be glad to meet up with you.

starlover Sat 26-Mar-05 18:07:04

that would be good fatbetty!

and guess what? I was in town today and bumped into one of the mums I met in hospital!!!
She is busy the coming week, but we're going to go out for coffee the following week, and also doing baby massage together!

brambles Sat 26-Mar-05 19:55:35

hi you two

fatbetty our h.vs arnt very helpful down lucky i met most of no1 sons friends in hospital as there were so many of us.

having trouble finding friends for no2 as i work full time (am leaving in aug).

starlover do you want me to come with you to mothers and toddlers i am on a late shift next week so i am around in the mornings,it would be nice to meet you. x x

fatbetty Sat 26-Mar-05 22:10:27

Disappointed to hear about the hv. Glad to hear that both of you found friends while in the hospital. With ds1, I felt like I was sectioned off from the rest of the women in the room (by drapes) and didn't really speak to anybody. I suppose I was too nervous too.

Let me know if you guys would like to meet up one morning and maybe I could come over.

brambles Sun 27-Mar-05 10:41:26

hi fatbetty

yes i would love to meet up with both of you why dont we arrange it as i say i am on lates next week otherwise it will be two weeks after that i have from about 930 till 1130 how long does it take for you to drive here?

fatbetty Sun 27-Mar-05 12:41:40

Sounds good to me. I would think if traffic is bad (which it hopefully won't be!) then about an hour. I can aim for 9:30 if that works for you.

brambles Sun 27-Mar-05 17:22:18

sounds good to me just let me know when is good for you do you have msn messenger either of you

starlover Sun 27-Mar-05 22:33:45

I think with a bit of planning we could just about make it for 9.30. what day?
where shall we meet?

I have msn.. it's rj_android@hotmail.com

fatbetty Mon 28-Mar-05 10:30:54

I can do Wednesday or Friday this week.

My msn is mhoyland@hotmail.com

starlover Mon 28-Mar-05 22:15:25

I can do either....

brambles Tue 29-Mar-05 08:57:11

hi girls friday is good for me

do you want to come here or meet somewhere else?

fatbetty Tue 29-Mar-05 14:21:16

Friday sounds good. DOn't mind where we meet. Just let me know where. Looking forward to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now