Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

anyone in Bermondsey London?

(4 Posts)
Barbarax Sun 13-Mar-05 23:54:59

I would like to make new friends with other mums in my area, Bermondsey/South East London. At the moment I am a sigle mum to 2 year old girl. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I find my self isolated (friends have moved on and my family or DD father and his family are not in contact). I am finding it difficult to make new friends. I work fulltime so I cannot meet other mums at toddler groups etc during the week. We try our best at the weekend but you cannot acquire new friends just like that at the playground/park/ or at the supermarket.
Anyone interested? or any suggestions?

wigglewiggle Tue 12-Apr-05 10:45:38

no one?????

it is never too late to come forward. we can meet up at the imperial war museums playground?

any italians mums?

sachi Sat 23-Apr-05 23:27:52

There are a few Saturday groups at Bermondsey Village Hall (Behind Bermondsey St) and at Haddon Hall (Tower Bridge Road near Bricklayers Arms Roundabout). I'm not sure about the Haddon Hall dates, whether it's every Saturday or not, but you can call the Central Bermondsey Sure Start. The Bermondsey village Hall groups are on the 2nd Saturday of the month (it's a parent run toddler group) and on the last Saturday of the month (it's called Art in the park) For more information, contact the West Bermondsey Sure Start.

Wigglewiggle... I think there's an Italian group somewhere in the area... (I've seen the posters, but the info. never registered, as I'm not Italian) I think you could call Alison at West Bermondsey Sure Start for more info.
Hope that helps...

BarbaraX Tue 26-Apr-05 12:26:56

Sachi

thank for all your suggestions sachi. I know about those already and since the time I posted here I have been going to the Haddonhall saturdays afternoon events and other sure start events. I live very close to them all.

I was trying all the avenues. I would still like to meet other people not necessarely people within surestart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now