Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

West Midlands Mums - Victorian Evening at The Black Country Living Museum

(14 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Sat 08-Nov-08 02:02:40

I posted this in another thread and think it got over looked so I've made it it's own.

Does anyone fancy a family meet at one of the BCLM's Victorian Evenings? We go most years and they're good fun.

This years dates are:

Thursday 18th,
Friday 19th,
Saturday 20th
Monday 22nd December

"Museum's village takes on a festive flavour as cottages and buildings, illuminated by gas and candlelight, give off a distinctly magical glow. Carol singing, street entertainers, stalls, musical entertainment and brass bands infuse the evening with the spirit of Christmas."

If you're interested repost the date list below with your name next to which one you can do.

Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Monday
Don't mind - TBM

TinkerBellesMum Sat 08-Nov-08 13:58:14

Bumping cause I posted this quite late last ngiht. Or shoudl that be early this morning hmm

TinkerBellesMum Mon 10-Nov-08 19:25:12

Bumping again, someone has got to be interested?

Deco Mon 10-Nov-08 19:35:10

is it the sort of thing you take kids to? what sort of age would you say it's good for
we're only down the road from the museum

TinkerBellesMum Mon 10-Nov-08 21:34:34

It's a family event, they have lots of traditional Christmassy things, including a Father Christmas and a spit roast (if you're not veggie wink)

Suitable for all ages I'd say.

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Mon 10-Nov-08 21:35:59

How much is it? Sounds fantastic

TinkerBellesMum Mon 10-Nov-08 21:42:53

"Tickets cost £12.50 for adults, £6.75 for children and £10.00 Seniors. Tickets are PREBOOK
only and include a FREE DAY RETURN TICKET valid until 31st January 2008."

Children are 5-15 and they usually have family tickets. It's prebook only so if we decide a date together then we can book our tickets and decide a meeting point.

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Mon 10-Nov-08 21:45:13

Only date I could do would be the Saturday but would have to check with DH when he comes home as it's the only day he really gets to see the kids! Hope we can come

TinkerBellesMum Tue 11-Nov-08 16:55:37

That'd be great Is anyone else interested?

slalomsuki Tue 11-Nov-08 20:55:19

Would like to come but the only day we could do is the 22nd since we are on holiday the week before.

Great idea

TinkerBellesMum Tue 11-Nov-08 21:10:06

Put yourselves on the list! It's a great evening out even if people aren't able to go at the same time, if some people are going different days maybe there can be two meet ups?

TinkerBellesMum Sat 15-Nov-08 13:55:55

Bumping again.

TinselBaublesMistletoe Wed 10-Dec-08 01:07:16

Bumping for Mom2go. Please can we get some more responses!

poppy1965 Fri 19-Aug-11 15:15:47

I visited the black country Living Museum last weekend and went on the visit heart of England website and got a voucher for a 2 for 1 deal, they are really good, they have vouchers for all of us to use on us and the kids this summer, you all know how hard it is to keep them busy this time of year. the link for the 2 for 1 voucher at the black country living museum is here: www.visitheartofengland.com/vouchernew.aspx?&id=2e54e5e9-efaf-4875-93e2-b6be617ce0ee&voucher=5341

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now