Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Maternity wear for weddings

(7 Posts)
appletons Fri 11-Mar-05 16:13:19

I have searched and searched for an outfit to wear to my friends wedding and wedding reception but can I find one - NO! its at the end of April and I am getting very worried I won't be able to find anything. I am 25 week's pregnant at the moment.
Does anyone know of a good place to buy an outfit from?

Pamina3 Fri 11-Mar-05 16:33:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TinyGang Fri 11-Mar-05 16:46:37

Jojo Mama?

You have my sympathy though. We had to go to a wedding some years ago; I was huge and very near the end of the pregnancy. I was so gutted that I might have to spend quite a bit on an outfit at that point in the pregnancy. I wasn't planning on being pregnant again either in the future to wear it again.

It was the end of August and all the Summer sales were on. By some miracle I managed to find a dress that was about a tenner in the sale. It wouldn't have been what I would've 'chosen' in a million years and I still look back and wonder what I was thinking of. Still - it did the job.

Hope you find something nice. Anywhere near you hire nice outfits perhaps? Then you won't be stuck with it.

janx Mon 14-Mar-05 09:09:31

what size are you? I was just about to advertise a couple of things suitable for weddings - I bought two outfits for a wedding last year - one linen lilac dress from jojomaman and one silk top and trousers - I was very heavily preggers (dress is size 14) top and trousers are size 12....email me if you would like to see pictures

Petesmum Mon 14-Mar-05 09:57:47

I have some trousers & a rather sparkly top in a size 12 / 14 which I brought for a wedding from Formes. Fairly pricey shop but I was running out of time! I'm happy to sell them if you're interested. The trousers were shortened & have a 29inch inside leg & are dark red. The sleeveless top has a sequinned front & cashmere knitted back - designed to match the trousers so also dark red.

appletons Mon 14-Mar-05 17:15:42

Janx and Petesmum - I would be interested in both of your outfits , the sizes sounds perfect. Are you able to send me a picture of it
my email address is
twilding@btinternet.com

janx Wed 16-Mar-05 12:51:26

will try and take some pics today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now