Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Hi, anyone in Fleet, Hampshire or around?

(2 Posts)
Kalina Tue 08-Mar-05 22:12:00

My son is 13months and we have started to leave him in the middle of night - 4am to cry himself back to sleep. I am going mad - I know he has to lurn to fall back to sleep on his own, but is there an easier way??? Last night was our first night and he cried for 20min and then I didn't sleep all night wondering if he is ok. Needless to say he woke up 7.30 refreshed and very happy! Any thoughts on this matter will be helpful.

PinataQueen Thu 07-Apr-05 10:17:34

Hi there
This must be tough for you, I realise you posted this message a month ago, so I hope you've got over it by now, but if not.... This method is recommended by a number of 'experts' and it worked with both our children (now 4 & 2, althoug at a slightly younger age than your son is now). You have to be tough and stick with it. When child wakes and cries, and it is persisting, go after 5 minutes, don't say anything, gently lay them back down if they are up, tuck them back in and leave again. The crying will undoubtedly continue once you leave, initially worse than before. Next time go back after 10 minutes, do the same, then 15 minutes, 20 etc. It could take you a couple of hours to start with but if you do it consistently over a few nights, you will hopefully start to find that each night it takes less time for him to settle. Eventually, hopefully, with consistence of approach, you should strike gold and your little one will learn to get back to sleep on his own. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now