Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

March 8 Free Lunchtime Concert Bishopsgate Institute?

(6 Posts)
DickWhittingtonsCat Tue 08-Mar-05 09:56:16

Does anyone want to come to a free Corp of London Winter Concert today at Bishopsgate Institute at 1.05 -1.55? It is by the Fujita Piano Trio with a programme of female composers because it is international women's day today. I have been to these free concerts before, which are usually very high quality. Sorry for short notice, but only knew this morning that I would be free.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 08-Mar-05 09:58:00

I can't make this, but I'd be tempted another day, particularly one where DS1 is underfoot, and DS2 isn't feverish and miserable (ok, and when I've not been up for an hour or two in the middle of the night with him, gr). How do you find out about these things?

DickWhittingtonsCat Tue 08-Mar-05 10:51:54

I am on various email lists, including the Corp of London (I think originally because I am on the business electoral roll). After the hassle of searching for various websites and registering for all these arts things, it becomes very easy, because you sit back and receive emails of all the forthcoming events. Not sure how childfriendly your DS1 would find it, but presumably your DS2 is still at the stage when he is instantly quietened by the option of going under your blouse ...?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 08-Mar-05 14:31:08

DS2 is 5.5 months, so yeah, boobs = quiet. Actually, though, he tends not to fuss when we're out, as he's happy to look around and smile at people. Much like DS1 was at this age, actually.

(But today, he's just horrid.)

Marina Tue 08-Mar-05 14:52:03

Hope you enjoyed it DWC, they're "ours" (well, Arisa and Honoka are)!

DickWhittingtonsCat Tue 08-Mar-05 15:50:10

Marina, They really are excellent! We gave a big applause without any ulterior motive and were treated to a brilliant encore as well. It proves that the best things in life really are free, especially in this expensive city.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now