Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Help! Bath/Bristol/S. Glouc. area, my friends are all deserting me

(22 Posts)
lettuce Wed 02-Mar-05 13:45:24

Hello, I'm starting to feel a bit lonely around here as nearly all my friends either have moved already or are about to move away and I'm going to be a billy-no-mates soon!I'm assured that it's nothing to do with me(!), just one of those things.So I'd love to meet up with other mums and hopefully make some new friends.I live between Bristol and Bath, am 42 years old, married with 2 dds(5 and 13).I work part-time at the moment and I don't mind driving at all, I'm in Bath once or twice each week anyway.
So please say hello if you are interested.

noma Wed 02-Mar-05 15:51:13

Hello lettuce! I am sure you wont be alone on this site for long, i live in bath and have two children one 2 the other 3 months so i have my hands full at the moment perhaps when the weather gets a bit better we could meet for coffee!

nnosam Wed 02-Mar-05 15:57:33

hi guys, im in gloucester, however i dont drive, but if you want to make a day of it you can come over here of we could meat somewhere in the middle. as long as i can get their by bus of train..

sacha3taylor Thu 03-Mar-05 12:21:44

Hi, I live in Bath with my DH and 3 children (near Oldfield park). I don't drive but would love to meet either in Bath or Bristol (anywhere on a bus route).

MistressMary Thu 03-Mar-05 12:24:03

Hiya live in melksham with onemy partner and our 15th old boy.

BellaLasagne Thu 03-Mar-05 12:31:26

Hi Lettuce,

Just to let you know you're not alone. I'm a bit further out than you guys but am a bit lonely as I work mostly from home. We moved here 18 months ago from the other side of the country, and although the mums I've met so far are lovely, Herefordians are a very insular race and for some reason they don't really do the social stuff!!!

I'm 40, live between Hereford and Monmouth, work part-time and have a ds of 9 and dd of almost 6, both are at primary school.

I know your area; we used to live in Westbury and I used to go shopping in Bath - in fact ds was born in RUH.

Keep in touch,

BL

MrsFROSTgetful Thu 03-Mar-05 12:33:32

I'm in TROWBRIDGE... have 3 boys (2 are autistic/adhd)

PinkArjuna Thu 03-Mar-05 21:02:29

I live in Fishponds

cellogirl Thu 03-Mar-05 21:36:09

Hi,

I live in Bath and I would be interested in meeting up!! x

lettuce Fri 04-Mar-05 10:02:53

Hi everybody, thanks for all the replies.I've seen some of the other Bath/Bristol threads as well, looks like there are quite a few of us. I hope something will get arranged eventually, though to get everybody together at the same time seems like is going to be really difficult.
My dds are both in school during the day so I'm pretty flexible with my time until it's time for the school run, so if anybody wants to come up with a date and time I'll be there.Or you could CaT me and we could arrange something.

lettuce Fri 04-Mar-05 10:14:53

hi again,
I was just wondering if this has happened to other people, where your circle of friends just seems to be disappearing ( for whatever reason)and you're left to try and make new friends.Going by past experience when friends have moved away, even though you're full of good intentions of keeping in touch and to stay friends, it gets harder as time goes on and you end up not having much in common anymore.I really miss just talking about silly little things, like you do when you see someone all the time and I really miss girls' nights out!Just thought I'd like to see what you lot think.

sacha3taylor Fri 04-Mar-05 10:18:05

I dont actually have many good friends but the few I have are great. its not as bad as it sounds, i have lots of people i know and would probably consider friends but wouldnt trouble them with my problems like i do my close friends. When I left school i lost contact with a lot of people that i promised myself i wouldn't, i regret it now though!

PinkArjuna Sun 06-Mar-05 21:38:45

We have to sort a meet out. I'm not sure which thread to post on though...

sacha3taylor Fri 11-Mar-05 10:14:20

We are meeting in Marks and Spencers on wednesday in the cafe if you are interested in coming. Hope to see you there

sacha3taylor Fri 11-Mar-05 10:14:40

At 12.30.

lettuce Fri 11-Mar-05 14:12:43

hello,
yes i saw that and i'll be there!

bunni Sat 12-Mar-05 00:51:01

which marks and spencers? Bristol???

bunni Sat 12-Mar-05 00:51:28

sorry just seen this wasn't sure where it was??? am i intruding????

sacha3taylor Sat 12-Mar-05 11:56:07

Of course you arn't intruding anyone is welcome, the more the merrier It's Bath M&S though, are you still able to come?

bunni Sat 12-Mar-05 17:06:16

no sorry not able to get there sob sob!!! maybe another time.

lettuce Sat 12-Mar-05 18:28:09

hi bunni,i take it you are in bristol? whereabouts are you, maybe i can give you a lift?

bunni Sat 12-Mar-05 23:26:11

well I hover round the bristol meet ups as there are never any in Weston Super mare. or anywhere else close to me. Thanx for the offer but I'm a bit far out for you really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: