Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet Up Market Harborough,Leicestershire

(36 Posts)
appletons Thu 24-Feb-05 19:19:11

I am 23 week's pregnant and out of work (I was made redundant) so I am very eager to meet up with other mum to be's in my area because I don't really know anybody. My local area is Market Harborough. If you would like to meet up for a coffee and chat then please get in touch with me.

hollybelle Sat 26-Feb-05 13:18:35

hi there
I live in Market Harborough and i'm mum to ds who's nearly 3 and dd who's 10 months. I've lived here for a few years now but don't know many people. I work 2 days a week (just for a break).Which side of town do you live?

appletons Fri 04-Mar-05 08:56:21

Hi, I live near the Train Station , whereabouts r u?
I do some voluntary work at 1 of the local charity shops in MH at the moment just to get me out of the house a day a week.
What do you do?

reiki Fri 04-Mar-05 22:37:24

HI
I LIVE IN WIGSTON!! NOT FAR AWAY.

I WORK 25 HOURS A WEEK BUT I GET WEDNESDAYS OFF!!

hollybelle Sat 05-Mar-05 09:45:08

hi, i'm a radiographer and I live on the estate off rockingham road (so not far from the station). When is your baby due? Must be the summer which is a great time to have a baby as at least you can get out and about if the weather is good!!
Hi Reiki, I have mon, tues and weds off which is really good but I'm now not back at work until April as I have lots of leave to take!!!

KathH Sat 05-Mar-05 10:28:42

i'm in wigston too!

bizzybee Sat 05-Mar-05 16:42:50

hi kath h
where in wigston?
im on the meadows.........

KathH Sat 05-Mar-05 18:46:41

south wigston but my kids go the meadows school and my childminder is on the meadows! have also been known to drink in the meadowbank!

appletons Mon 07-Mar-05 09:15:58

Hi to everyone who has responded so far - if you all seem to be free on a Wednesday how about a meet up for a coffee? Let me know if you are interested and I could perhaps organise - how would you all feel about Market Harborough for a meet up, there are lots of little cafes we can meet up at

appletons Mon 07-Mar-05 09:16:16

My baby is due in June so 3 months away yet. Alot of people have said that to me about having a baby in the summer is good - I will soon find out!
Did you suffer from sleepless nights with being uncomfortable whilst you were pregnant? I am tossing and turning all night with back ache and cramp. I am trying different ways of sleeping with pillows so hopefully it will get better, had a better nights sleep last night but still woke up 5-6 times.

hollybelle Mon 07-Mar-05 09:51:46

hi I know all too well about sleepless nights!! Its just your body preparing you for things to come!!!!!
I still wake up in the night now and the children sleep through (most nights). I suffered with backache and crampy legs especially near the end as I have had big babies 9lb 9oz and 9lb 14oz.

bizzybee Mon 07-Mar-05 18:54:32

any wednesday is fine...if want to meet up..

JoD Tue 08-Mar-05 10:49:37

Hi

I'm a Market Harborough MNer too and would be up for a meet up. However, now 40 weeks pg and my due date was yesterday so can't say for definite whether or not I'll be able to be there!

Will keep on checking thread and hopefully will be able to make this meet up or maybe the next one.

appletons Tue 08-Mar-05 14:42:10

The date for a meet up is Wednesday 23rd March, 10am in Engima which is along Coventry Road in Market Harborough. If we meet just in side the entrance. My name is Tracy, I am sure you will see my bump. Hope you can make it.

appletons Tue 08-Mar-05 14:43:00

Good luck JoD, I hope you have your baby soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing

hollybelle Tue 08-Mar-05 18:34:20

hi 23 march sounds good (will have little ones with me!)
hi joD, hope all goes well (I was over due with both of mine!)
see you soon!

JoD Tue 08-Mar-05 19:14:29

Hi Hollybelle (good to hear from you again) and Appletons - thanks for your best wishes. Will try to make it on 23 March - but who knows?! I'll let you know how I get on anyway.

appletons Wed 09-Mar-05 17:42:13

Thats ok Hollybelle the little ones are very welcome.

hollybelle Fri 11-Mar-05 12:27:48

I'm just enjoying a couple of days peace and quiet.The children are both at nursery and i'm on al from work( in fact i'm not back until 7 april!!!) I'm going to Lisbon next Thursday on my friends hen do, there are only 18 of us going. I think it will be a shock to the system as I'm not used to late nights and partying, that all ended in my twenties!! By the way my name's Claire and I'm 35!!!!Hope you are all ok.

appletons Fri 11-Mar-05 16:11:28

Claire, enjoy the hen night next week. I have one coming up too and its going to be hard for me cos I am usually in bed by 9pm!!! I also have a wedding coming up in April but can I find something to wear, I have been to Northampton, Kettering, Market Harborough and Milton Keynes - there is just nothing suitable for pregnant ladies. Any ideas???

JoD Fri 11-Mar-05 18:57:49

Enjoy your hen nights - Appleton, I was pregnant when I went on my best friend's hen night (which I organised) and it was 'different' being the only sober one in the group

As for nice wedding maternity clothes - why not try Blooming Marvellous at www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk

hollybelle Tue 15-Mar-05 12:01:20

Hope you are all ok! Wondering if JoD has had her baby yet? it was my son's 3rd birthday yesterday (time flies by). Away until Sunday night from tomorrow , Ive never left the children for so long. My husband has enlisted the help of his parents!!(glad i won't be there)
There is a mat wear shop in Leicester near to St Martins Square (Ive never been in though).

JoD Wed 16-Mar-05 10:49:46

Hi Hollybelle

Am afraid not. Going for a stretch and sweep later this afternoon - hope this will get things moving. Keep your fingers crossed ...

appletons Mon 21-Mar-05 08:33:41

Hi Ladies
for those of you who were going to meet on Wednesday I am afraid I won't be able to make it cos I have an appointment that has come up. U r welcome to carry on ahead. I will review my diary and try and come up with another date. So sorry about that

hollybelle Mon 21-Mar-05 08:38:25

hi there,just got back from my hen do, worn out! I'll probably give Wednesday a miss as i'm pretty busy this week! hope we can get together another time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now