Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

BERKSHIRE

(20 Posts)
network Thu 17-Feb-05 17:22:42

Hi

Any one up for a meet. older mum in berkshire area with DD wltm (takes me back)other mums for chats and stuff

Steppy1 Thu 17-Feb-05 17:36:27

Hi Network are you still there ? new to site, live nr to Swindon but used to live in thatcham....played in Newbury netball league for several years !!!! Am "more mature mum" myhself !

network Fri 18-Feb-05 13:37:46

Hi

thks for replying. i have access to internet at work so leave usulayy at about 5.30pm. Wat are the ages of your little angels?

lunavix Fri 18-Feb-05 14:00:10

Hi! I'm in Berkshire (Thatcham!) but fall into the 'younger mum' category. AFAIK, they isn't many Berkshire mums on here

lunavix Fri 18-Feb-05 14:00:45

oh crikey typing and grammar alert!

'there aren't' that should read!

network Fri 18-Feb-05 14:10:26

Hi
There is a Windsor thread that i have just located.

nickiw Fri 18-Feb-05 18:13:06

i'm in thatcham too, small world!!

stickynote Fri 18-Feb-05 20:26:25

Please join us on the Windsor thread .

Steppy1 Sat 19-Feb-05 10:02:04

Hi Network didn't get chance to "talk" yesterday really busy day ! My little ones are 4 and 2 and I'm 41 (though sometimes I feel like about 70 as they run me ragged !) I have a DS and a DD. DS is perfect gentlemen (like his daddy) my dd is a nightmare, sassy, confrontational, very single minded and determined (much like me actucally !) NOT looking forward to her being hormonal when I'm menopausal ! Hope to catch up when you're back at work

lunavix Sun 20-Feb-05 19:27:42

Another thatcham person!

Steppy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 19:36:02

Hi Lunavix, saw you on "live chat" I moved from Thatcham 13 years ago now (moved to Sussex) but then came back and have been living just the other side of Marlborough for 11 years. I picked up the NWN today and noticed that the netball league is still going

lunavix Sun 20-Feb-05 19:47:20

I've only been here a few months

DP is a Thatcham boy, I'm a Bournemouth girl, but we've stayed here to be local to his family (they're a great help with ds, and also complain loudly if they don't get to see him that often!)

Steppy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 19:51:42

..be back in a short while, need to put DS and DD to bed !!!

network Mon 21-Feb-05 13:56:35

Hi Steppy1

So do you have transport at all?

Steppy1 Mon 21-Feb-05 18:22:35

...that was a long time putting little on'es to bed !!!!! DD finally settled at 9/30, I was too shattered then to do anything other than get the pre-school stuff ready for this morning then fall into bed !!!! Yes, I do have transport so can travel over to Thatcham. I'm in Newbury about once a month anwyay as I have some good friends that I come to visit. Also thought that you might be interested in the following so here goes:-
I've organised a "Mums night out", night of dancing to groovy music, aimed at mums, who like me still feel 25 inside but are of more "mature years" Still want to party, but not 'til all hours of the morning and certainly can't cope with going to a club anymore. So, basically a night out with a room full of like-minded mums !! Therre is a coach being arranged from newbury as I already have about 30 ladies interested. Event takes place on April 15th in Wootton Bassett (just off of Junc 16 of the M4)...there's even an on site hotel for any mums that are allocated a night off and who might want to make a break of it (there's a swimming pool and spa in the hotel) Ticekts are £6.50 for the event and likely to be between £4 / £5 for the return coach fair. If you're interested (most mums are making it a bit of a girls night out and coming with a group of friends) then I will happily provide more details. In the meantime I'm trying to juggle all this with little ones school runs and another business....!!

network Tue 22-Feb-05 13:32:52

Hi Strappy
Thank you for the invite. Can i leave it open for now as I am up to my eyes at presentm and i cannot see a time when things will calm down a bit. Like you running daughter to child minder for walk to school, working f/t and starting a business. Mad.
So whats your business?

Steppy1 Tue 22-Feb-05 13:55:14

...all sorts of services for women (and their partners) during pregnancy ! Antenatal classes & workshops, pregnancy & post natal exercise classes, baby massage, pregnancy massage oil packs...the list goes on. If you're interested in more then we have a website www.thehavingababycompany.co.uk. We're running in Swindon at the moment but planning to expand during this year, I've also just set up the "Funky mamas" event Ltd really from feedback from mums that attend our pregnancy and post natal exercise sessions, ie a night out for mums where you can spend an evening with like minded women (though men can come too !) let your hair down and have a good old boogie !

Steppy1 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:29:23

....detailed information on the Funky mamas Event is under the classified section, "Small business ads" for anybody that's interested

network Tue 22-Feb-05 17:25:51

I'll check that out. But must be going home noe got to chase my DD around the sitting room with her remote control car!!!!!

speak tom

bandanna73 Wed 02-Mar-05 11:55:34

Hi.....are any of you from Reading...am a scot....moved here 3 days ago and am climbing the walls along with my 3 year old...lol........would love to meet for a coffee and chocolate.....please mail me at strechmark@hotmail.com
look forward to a natter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now