Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone from Northern Ireland

(57 Posts)
joesy Tue 15-Feb-05 11:10:12

Anybody from Norther Ireland.

1980louisiana Tue 15-Feb-05 21:33:24

Hi Joesy im from Northern Ireland, what part are you from?

joesy Wed 16-Feb-05 01:59:23

carrickfergus

1980louisiana Wed 16-Feb-05 22:09:17

Hi Joesy Im from about 14 miles down the road in Larne! Ive two sons, one is 4 and the other is 21 months.

joesy Wed 16-Feb-05 22:22:39

Same two boys One 6 and the other 19 months and he is a monster in the making. I have been trying to get him dowm since 7.30 as he was exhausted.

joesy Wed 16-Feb-05 22:22:41

Same two boys One 6 and the other 19 months and he is a monster in the making. I have been trying to get him dowm since 7.30 as he was exhausted.

1980louisiana Wed 16-Feb-05 22:33:54

Hi Joesy, I know what its like! My eldest has adhd, but my youngest is the opposite he sleeps for hours! My eldest ran off today and i was chasing him round a garage forecourt, im sure i looked a sight! Its because i wouldnt get him sweets for being naughty. He puts years on me, i tell u!!

joesy Wed 16-Feb-05 22:39:01

Do you work or is minding the kids enough for you? I have not got back to work yet due to pnd so my contract was terminated.

1980louisiana Wed 16-Feb-05 22:42:47

Im a full time carer to my husband. What with him and the 2 kids, id pass out with exhaustion if i had a job too! How are you coping now? Im on cipralex for my depression. To be honest i dont think i could cope without my antideppressents.

joesy Wed 16-Feb-05 22:48:55

I was on that one first but I could not see any effect. I am trying to reduce my tabs at the minute. I tried a few weeks ago after talking to the doctor and my cpn but I thought I was going to hit rock bottom again so I increased them again. I have been having real bad dizzy spells that is why we were going to reduce them. My dh thinks they have made me worse. He does not understand what I might be like without anything.

1980louisiana Wed 16-Feb-05 22:52:43

I think your better staying on the dose for another wee while. I need to keep taking mine, ive tried to stop them a few times but i start to feel down again. I think im dependant on the tablets, i dont want to be. but i have to stay on top of things. Im sorry to hear about your job, i dont think that was fair.

joesy Thu 17-Feb-05 00:36:23

They could not hold my job open as I been off from March 2003 on Maternity leave and then due back around October 2003. So I had been on the sick from then and attending occupational health. There was nothing they could do as I could not give them a date within the next 6 months when I would be back. So much for our caring NHS. I was a nurse in the City Hosp.

maggiems Thu 17-Feb-05 17:19:24

Hi I live in bangor, mum to twin boys aged 3.5 years. Only saw this board recently. I work fulltime and boys are with a great childminder. They are in nursery school at the moment and will start primary school in september . june birthdays so not too happy about that. Love to hear from you maggie

1980louisiana Thu 17-Feb-05 20:22:24

That was really unfortunate about your Job. Do you miss working in the hospital? I think it was terrible they didnt hold the job open longer.

1980louisiana Thu 17-Feb-05 20:27:20

Hello maggiems, My son starts primary one in September also. He`ll be nearly 5 though as his birthdays in November. Are your sons identical twins?

joesy Thu 17-Feb-05 21:26:01

Hi there I would love ro do something completely different rather than nursing,
My youngest sons birthday is 14th June so he will be one of the babies in his class when he starts. It seems unfair where as my eldest son was 5 in the August and started school in the September, so he is so well advanced.

1980louisiana Thu 17-Feb-05 21:41:38

Hi Joesy, My youngest son is 1 month older than your youngest. His birthdays in May. Did you received your Child Trust Fund voucher yet for Ds2? My ds2s voucher came this morning for £268.

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 10:10:36

I have not got mine yet. How come you got £268 is that interest as well?
I was telling my 6 year old about the money and he is raging that he is not getting money.

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 10:14:19

How are you?
I can not seem to get organised this morning. My 6 year old is back to school after half term and I have all these plans as usual.
Do you get out much?

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 10:14:49

MY email is joanneneville@orange.net.

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 10:19:48

Do you know of anyone looking baby stuff? I am looking to sell cot, pram, cradle, swing, changing table, toys clothes etc.
I do not think people buy much second hand stuff now. Everything is from a pet and smoke free home.

maggiems Fri 18-Feb-05 13:53:31

Hi Joesy and 1980louisianna, No my boys are non identical and very different from each other.Joesy ,It seems very unfair about your job. Had you been there a long time? I am looking to get rid of a lot of stuff too. I think you are right about everyone wwanting new stuff these days especially the very early stuff. My garage is coming down with toys and stuff and I can never be bothered to clear it out
1980louisianna, it must be tough dealing with ADHD. There was a programme on about it recently and watching some of the children looked exhausting. Is your DS on medication? I worried about one of mine at one stage as he seemed to have no concentration span at all but he seems a good bit better now. maggie

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 14:49:08

Hi maggiems I had moved to the city hosp in 2002, maybe things would have been different if I was at the Royal where I was for years. I was sort of glad it was terminated as now I can look for Something else when I am ready rather than any pressure on me to get back before I am ready. The union said they were within their rights.
How are you finding working full time? I did it for a while but I find job share was enough.
1980lousisiana have you taken the boys to Diggermania yet? My eldest seems to enjoy it.

joesy Fri 18-Feb-05 14:50:00

Got £268 this morning in the post for ds.

maggiems Fri 18-Feb-05 15:04:42

Hi again. I dont mind working fulltime sometimes as sometimes its better than being at home. I loved being at home when I took 10 months off after boys were born but all I get now is I want , I dont want. I need, Where is?, why?. They talk about the terrible 2's but the three's are worse. At the same time I would love to go down to a 3 or 4 day a week so I could have some input to bringing them and collecting them from school. I am considering this as an option. DH doesnt know this yet!! I gave birth in the Royal and thought the nurses were just brilliant !! I have very happy memories of my time there. Where is diggermania. My boys are digger mad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now