Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Hampstead toddlers??

(5 Posts)
Lucy14 Mon 14-Feb-05 22:09:10

Hello everyone--I'm new to Mumsnet and new to the UK, having moved here from the US only three weeks ago. I have a two-year-old girl and a one-year-old boy, and we are starting to feel a little tired of one another's company after being stuck in a hotel for the past month! We'd love to find a playgroup or other children to play with, and I'd love to find other mothers to talk with and perhaps have coffee with as well. I've got loads of absolutely crucial (LOL) questions about living in the Hampstead area too--surgeries, nurseries, shopping, etc. if anyone has the time to help me out. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you.

hub2dee Mon 14-Feb-05 22:37:48

Hi Lucy14 - My dw and I live near Hampstead, but not near enough to give you the low down on anything other than the Everyman being a great cinema and Cafe T being good for Dim Sum and Jin Kichi being good for Japanese !

We are only currently propogating our first, so wouldn't have any company for your babbas. However, there are several mums who have posted in previous messages about meetups in Hampstead.

Search the archived messages area for 'Hampstead' in the title and maybe CAT them (Contact A Talker) on the top of the page, or else maybe start a new thread for a Hampstead meetup and perhaps you'll meet some locals that way !

Welcome to sunny England.

onlineid Thu 17-Feb-05 11:34:48

Message withdrawn

maomao Fri 18-Feb-05 08:07:51

Hello, Lucy14, and welcome!

I moved to Hamsptead over a year ago from the States --- I have a dd who is 2. One thing you may want to look into is the Hampstead Women's Club. Whereabouts are you? Feel free to CAT if you'd like.

maomao Fri 18-Feb-05 08:14:12

Forgot to mention, in terms of getting out:

There's rhyme time at the Heath Library (Keat's Grove) on Mondays at 10:30, or 10:45 a.m.)

There's a Gymboree at the 02 Centre in Swiss Cottage.

The Hampstead Community Centre has sessions for the under fives on weekday mornings.

There's always puddle jumping in the Heath, and feeding the ducks! Or watching the kites/clouds on Parliament Hill.

On nicer days, there is a great one o'clock club at the Peggy Jay Centre in Hampstead Heath.

HTH a little!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now