Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Does anyone else live in the Highlands?

(113 Posts)
mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 08:19:51

I love in Moray and have only lived here for 2.5 years but am just starting to find my feet and wondering if there's anyone else around here who fancies a meet up?

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 08:28:32

PSML I know it's secluded but someone must live here LOL.

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Wed 30-Jul-08 08:33:03

i think there are a few people who live up there. not sure specifically where though. I'm down in the central belt so a bit far for a meet up!

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 08:34:56

Thanks. Where abouts are you I'm originally from near Glasgow.

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Wed 30-Jul-08 08:37:05

i'm in Falkirk. What's it like up in Moray?

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 30-Jul-08 08:37:23

I live near Inverness there are a few of us up here actually, there is definately someone in elgin, there are a couple in Inverness and at least 1 more person very close to me.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 30-Jul-08 08:37:55

And yes I am up for a meet up. grin

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Wed 30-Jul-08 08:38:36

ineedacleaner - your name made me LOL! (and I am too!)

Flier Wed 30-Jul-08 08:38:53

Hi mamadiva. I'm originally from Renfrewshire and live up the water a bit from you, in the black isle. Whereabouts in Moray are you?

Flier Wed 30-Jul-08 08:39:38

I'd be up for a meet up if there were a few of us.

kando Wed 30-Jul-08 08:40:31

Oh Mamadiva, you lucky thing! I come from a little fishing village up there with the most spectacular beaches! Hope you manage to get at least one trip to the beach this summer! Where abouts are you? (I live on the south coast of England now - the beaches down here are rubbish compared to up there!)

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 08:45:13

Oh hello everyone didn't expect replies LOL.

I'm in Elgin (Yes lazy tis me but shh LOL).

Yeah I don't drive but buses etc are easy enough where are all of you?

I'm up here too, halfway between Inverness and Elgin in a roundabout sort of way. I know Wallace and Twinklemegan are in this neck of the wood, and Miaou is from the Highlands albeit a good way up!

I would consider a meet-up, although would have to don a cunning disguise for fear of meeting someone I know and outing myself blushgrin

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 08:50:29

PSML yes IARCFB(far too long)

We shall all run around with wigs and those moustache/glasses/nose masky things LOL.

Now that would be a sight I must say.

From my experiences of Elgin nightlife, mamadiva, we most definitely wouldn't be the oddest looking people around grin. Is Joanna's still on the go? wink

kando Wed 30-Jul-08 08:54:23

Was born in Elgin, lovely part of the world. Hope you enjoy a nice get together ladies (or should that be "wifies"? grin )

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 09:00:44

Yes we are the Highland Wifies.

Joannas is still on the go have only been twice don't get out much as me and dp work and don't have many babysitters.

But I like Joannas is fab. I must say. Oh I just got the odd people comment LOL. No they are not the ahem.. prettiest people are they?

Bridie3 Wed 30-Jul-08 09:15:49

Just back from Nairn, where we have family.

We were swimming in the Moray Firth this week. Lovely.

Flier Wed 30-Jul-08 09:44:16

yes, we've had some fantastic weather this past week

mamadiva Wed 30-Jul-08 10:41:07

Yeah the Weather has been gorgeous but very clammy. So is anyone doing anything interesting today then?

The answer was obviously yes, mamdiva grin

[turns up fan]

Can't deal with this heat, I'm built for blizzards, me wink

Aefondkiss Wed 30-Jul-08 21:01:12

I live in Moray.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 30-Jul-08 21:20:31

Flier the black Is is lovely, I stay just north of the cromarty bridge and I love coming over the Black Isle.

mamadiva wink say no more lol.

So if we have a meet up is it one with children or one without??? With children somewhere like Bumbles in Forres could be good without anywhere that sells wine is a good choice.

mamadiva Thu 31-Jul-08 08:18:51

Hey everyone sorry buggered off yesterday.

Had to go to work and all that jazz
Was absolutely dreading it was far too hot!!!

Aefondkiss whereabouts in Moray are you? If you don't mind me asking of course. LOL.

Lazy- I haven't been to Bumbles but have heard it's good so I just need to know howto get there by bus anyone know?

I think we should meet up without themn first, then we can suss each other out incase we are not child meeting material

mamadiva Thu 31-Jul-08 08:33:17

Well have to work again tonight and tomorrow so won't be on for a bit until the weekend but I'll keep it on watch. Nice talking to all of you will speak over the weekend and get something arranged for this --piss up-- meet up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now