Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Corsham or near by

(14 Posts)
jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 11:25:04

Anyone in the corsham area? I have a 4 month old son and would like to meet some other mums. It would be nice to meet some mums of a similar age to me which is 20!

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 08-Feb-05 11:54:01

Hi jemimah

I'm not in your area, but I just wanted to say that don't be disheartened if you get no replies straight away. Just keep bumping (posting on it to bring it back onto the active convos list) this thread up at different times of the day so that more people in your area have a better chance of spotting it.

MistressMary Tue 08-Feb-05 12:02:05

Hiya Jemeimah, I'm bit older than you, well 33 to be honest. I'm in Melksham so close to you.

Welcome to mumsnet anyhow, hope to see you around.

hayleylou Tue 08-Feb-05 12:03:14

Hi I would as my inlaws live there, but at teh moment we are in Germany living but will post something when we are back in UK which hopefully wont be too much longer!!

MistressMary Tue 08-Feb-05 17:02:55

keep an eye out for meet ups I'm sure we can arrange something too.
Do you drive?

jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 18:36:52

No, I don't drive. My husband does, but when its just me in the day I feel pretty isolated as I can't get anywhere.

littlerach Tue 08-Feb-05 18:44:10

There's a few of us in Wilts, I am nr Trowbridge, is there much to do in Corsham?

MistressMary Tue 08-Feb-05 20:23:23

Do you have a bus service or anything to get to the towns?
Any local groups soft play areas?

jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 22:23:36

(to MistressMary)
I'm not too sure of the bus services. The only ones I'm sure of are the ones to Chippenham and Bath. The only thing is I am not too good with travelling!! How awkward am I!

jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 22:26:06

(to littlerach)
There isn't really a great deal in Corsham. The group that I have been too hasn't really helped me find some people to form a friendship with. I am not from Wilts originally and don't know the county very well! Do you have many mother&baby groups near you?

MistressMary Tue 08-Feb-05 22:26:57

Not having great sucees here are we?
There is a new meet up thread started for Bommerang in Melksham,if you are interested though?

jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 22:28:10

you will have to explain to me exactly what that is! I'm new to all of this!

MistressMary Tue 08-Feb-05 22:30:54

Here is the meet up thread I mean.
Boomerang is a soft play centre for children in Bowerhill, just off Melksham.

Are you intersted in coming if we can organise a get together with other mumsnetters?

jemimah Tue 08-Feb-05 22:34:02

I'm interested in anything provided I can get there. I'm a real pain I know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now